Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

lego star wars annual 2017

Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
edited May 2016 in Collecting
Just saw this on amazon.co.uk.  seems like a good way to get ezra  and chopper. Kind of makes the phantom  an unnecessary  purchase. 

77ncaachampsGothamConstructionCokiki180703

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,746
    But you gotta dock the Phantom to the Ghost!
    Coolguy500077ncaachampsiplantekiki180703Jackad7TheBigLegoski
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
    Also found this book. Looks like the rebels are back!

77ncaachampsGothamConstructionCokiki180703Scott1bobabricks
  • EelesyEelesy UKMember Posts: 46
    Bit of a strange question this but did anyone get the 2015 annual with the white pieces? I just do not understand the point of them as a free gift in a children's annual is and its confused me from xmas day! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,423
    Eelesy said:
    Bit of a strange question this but did anyone get the 2015 annual with the white pieces? I just do not understand the point of them as a free gift in a children's annual is and its confused me from xmas day! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-LEGO-Star-Wars-Annual/dp/1405281197?ie=UTF8&keywords=official star wars annual&qid=1463182540&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,698
    I must ask- what is an annual?
    SumoLegokiki180703Jackad7
  • EelesyEelesy UKMember Posts: 46
    Eelesy said:

This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Official-LEGO-Star-Wars-Annual/dp/1405281197?ie=UTF8&keywords=official star wars annual&qid=1463182540&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1
    Thats the one - the oddest free gift ever surely 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,333
    edited May 2016
    Something that happens ever year.

(What is a wiseass?  The guy posting this snark post.)
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703Jackad7SprinkleOttergmonkey76Legogram
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,724
    It's a UK Christmas publishing phenomenon. Most of them are (or traditionally were) slim hardback books based on children's comics and magazines, often very long-running ones, but there are also a lot based on TV shows and toys. They used to be the sort of thing you would reliably get given for Christmas, but as the UK's homegrown comics market faltered you got more and more nostalgic ones reprinting old strips with a more high-end production and aimed at the adult market.

At the same time, I've noticed the children's ones really struggling to sell - they get deep discounts well before Christmas itself and you see them remaindered for 50p afterwards. I don't know what they're charging for the Lego Star Wars one, but I'd hazard a guess that you'll still be able to find a copy after Christmas (they're generally marketed as [title] Annual [year], which gives them a built-in sell-by date). 
    SumoLegothedingman5GothamConstructionCokiki180703AllBrickandhe
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,226
    These have now started hitting the high street.  Saw it in Sainsburys tonight for £3.49 which seems a good price if you want the figures.
    andhe
  • Scott1Scott1 United StatesMember Posts: 48

I love those old Rebel Troopers. But that torso is quite dated.

• spaceinvader1979spaceinvader1979 Barcelona - CataloniaMember Posts: 48
    I love those old Rebel Troopers too, another books for the shelve
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    But you gotta dock the Phantom to the Ghost!
    And, no helmet with this cover gift.