Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Question about "Legends" series of sets

OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
edited May 2012 in Collecting
I recently picked up a sealed #10000 (Guarded Inn), and on the box it has "LEGEND" printed on it. I assume this is to identify that it is a reprint series of some sort.

However, "Legend" doesn't seem to be a searchable tag in the Brickset database, and I'd like to know what other sets were reproduced under this header, if any. Anyone know? Thanks.

PS - really unique box, black and white

Comments

• OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    PPS - forgot to make this a question instead of a discussion... grr
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Check out this Bricklist by gigdoat2 - the answer to your prayers !

http://www.brickset.com/brickLists/?4672
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited December 2011
    Have a look at this bricklist: http://www.brickset.com/brickLists/?4672

During the first half of 2000, many (all?) LEGO exclusive sets came in a black and white box. A number of those sets ended up for retail in stores and got the color treatment.

Some notable sets with B&W and color variants: 3451 Sopwith Camel, 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited December 2011
    ^^ drdave: 1, rocao: ~45

@odindusk: we've decided to disable the "question", "answer" labeling because we found it to be more visually distracting than it was useful. If we hear, on the contrary, that people liked it, perhaps we'll reconsider.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited December 2011
    Excellent - thanks!

You guys took way too long to respond though. Please try to improve your response times to <2 minutes next time. This is a free site, and I expect more from it. =P
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    :-)

We aim to please !