Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

QUESTION: Lego Dimensions worthy of Collecting?

lego_vargrlego_vargr Member Posts: 1
So, I'm all over building Lego sets and am getting more into collecting the minifigures in their various forms; CMF, Polybags, from sets, Promotional, etc.

What I'm debating right now is whether or not it's worth the effort and cost of collecting the Dimensions line? I don't plan on playing the game itself. Was curious as to what other collectors thought.

TIA

Tim

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,801
    If you want them, then yes. Otherwise, no.
    pharmjodSumoLego
  • mcleod4568mcleod4568 LondonMember Posts: 13
    They are a tad on the expensive side. I love collecting them and using them in the game itself. I collect them for the abilities they provide in the game and so that means I save a bit of money because I don't have to buy all of the figures. If you don't plan on playing the game then I think it's a bit pointless. Save your money for other things would be my advice. 
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    for me I've limited myself to certain characters from dimensions, Doctor Who, and Comic characters. there are so many you could get that it's easy to go over board with them. and as everyone has noted they are not the best value (specially if you are not playing the game too)
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 815
    If you are not planning on playing the game, I would only get the more obscure characters like the portal girl, Doctor who, ghostbusters and back to the future characters since others are pretty common.  Dimensions is also a great way to maybe pick up figs you missed out on like the gold ninja and name.  Besides that, skip them or wait til they are really cheap.  Target had some for like $3-4 for the fun packs which is the price of a polybag.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    As a price per brick, probably not, especially at RRP/MSRP.

Even when the Chima and Lego Movie fun packs went on sale for 75%...(including minifig parts in the piece count), it was around 8c/piece. I know the minifig is a different pricing beast, but still...
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    At least get the Wicked Witch, Marshmallow, and Portal Lady. They're Dimensions Exclusives for now...