Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

20% off Selected Toys at Play.com inc some Harry Potter and Star Wars Sets.

xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
edited December 2011 in Collecting
If you use the code "STOCKING20" on any of these items today, you'll get an extra 20% off. Nothing too mindblowing like the half price Podracer set at Toys R Us, but highlights include Hagrid's Hut for under £24 and the Knight Bus for under £20.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=ae212{647309}%2bc{2317}%2bc{3501}%2bc{3506}%2b

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Thanks. also 2% from quidco (which really isnt' that great is it!)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    ^ No, it's not great - play.com are pretty mean with their cashback, in contrast to the likes of The Hut which offer 7.07% on topcashback.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    ^ I'd be more worried about the condition of the boxes. Wasn't Play on the 'No-go' list?
    edited December 2011
    My experience with Play.com has been mixed. They tend to ship smaller items in the kind of cardboard sleeves that books are sent in which doesn't offer as much crush protection as a box, but which is still much better than a padded envelope or a plastic bag (!). The 2 sets I've received from them over the past week have both arrived in good shape, including Hagrid's Hut which arrived in a LEGO shipping carton with the extra space filled by air-filled bags.
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    I'll let people know my experience, as I ordered Hagrid's Hut (finally).

For the record, I ordered two sets off Amazon last week, Army Men on Patrol and Classic Mater.. Army Men on Patrol came in a box at least ten times it's size, padded with air bags, while Mater was squashed in a jiffy bag. While I have some of the inclination, I don't have the space to collect boxes so it didn't bother me too much, but I guess any of the major companies can be a let down, just depends on the luck of the draw!
    ^ Same with me. I complained to Amazon about Mater in the jiffy bag and they sent me a replacement in a huge box....
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Are Amazon still sending smaller sets from their partner Indigo Starfish, because they tend to come in jiffy bags rather than boxes.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    ^ My TS soldier set came from Indigo last week in a reasonably large box stuffed with air bags. J.
  • purple_hazepurple_haze Member Posts: 95
    I received Hagrid's Hut from play last week and if I was bothered about boxes I'd have sent it back! Was shipped in a very thin cardboard sleeve/box and was crushed down one side. The contents are fine but the box is far from mint!