Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Framing Star Wars ESB May 4th 2016 Poster

rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 490
Has anyone looked into framing the exclusive Star Wars Hoth poster?

I was thinking about framing with some Hoth minifigs but not sure how big of a frame to get. 24" x 24"?

Anybody got plans for their poster?

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 879
    I'm going to get it framed. But I will let a professional do it so I don't ruin it 
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
    Any pictures  of the  poster?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    $_57.JPG 244.6K
    Coolguy5000AdzbadboyGothamConstructionCocatwrangler
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 828
    edited May 2016
    It's rather a shame about the 'Lego Star Wars' emblazoned diagonally across the bottom corner - would have been nice to have some way to frame it whilst getting rid of that.  A little unpleasant about the flick-firing cannon thing being a real focal point in the middle too as I rather like the style of the whole piece.
    @mr_benn, if I were inclined to frame mine, which I might, I'd consider using white mount board and cutting it to leave the corner of the board intact.  Maybe inscribe something in a black fineliner instead.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    The poster is 16x20.  Walmart has a basically border free frame that is like $7 that I use and have them for all of the 16x20 LEGO movie posters.  Or at least right now the 4 from the movie, Avengers, the Force awakens one from this weekend and that one above.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    That is not the poster given out at Lego stores by me.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ That was the one for the special VIP event held before store opening on Saturday.  The one everyone got is the EPVII poster in LEGO as they did with the other 6 movies last year (or year before) and at Celebration.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    mr_benn said:
    It's rather a shame about the 'Lego Star Wars' emblazoned diagonally across the bottom corner - would have been nice to have some way to frame it whilst getting rid of that. 
    It is a LEGO STAR WARS poster, what do you expect them to put on it? I imagine it was put on diagonally to match the rest of the poster. It is at exactly the same angle as the design.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    How did you guys get that Hoth poster? All I got with my purchase was Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
    It was just given to us.  Other than the Slug and FO poly, I wasn't even aware of other promotions until I got home and read reports of posters here in the forum.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,260
    edited May 2016
    It varies from one store to the next. In the Metrocentre it was being given out as a scavenger hunt prize while other stores distributed the poster with any Star Wars purchase or only with purchases of #75098 Assault on Hoth.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    Thanks guys I'll see what I can do; that is some awesome poster!
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I also collect movie posters, and have mounted them all in these frames (black satin):

http://www.frameusa.com/product/38/corporate-picture-frames

The frames are pretty affordable and look really nice and professional - they come with an acrylic front and a foam core backing.  I can take a picture of my 2009 May the 4th Lego mining promo poster mounted in one of these later, if anyone wants to see it.  
    Legoboyaddemlitchuckp
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    Adzbadboy said:
    Thanks guys I'll see what I can do; that is some awesome poster!
    I have an extra
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,764
    Hoping Ikea will have something suitable to frame my ESB Hoth poster.