Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Cars

BananaheadBananahead Cambridgeshire, UKMember Posts: 14
edited May 2016 in Everything else LEGO
Will there be a lego porsche 944

Comments

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    short answer, No.

Long answer: it's not Iconic enough for a retro model like the F40, VWs or Mini Coopers. and it has no modern day counterpart, nothing that is a direct heritage to the car so Porsche wont be incentivized to have one made. and on top of all of that I am not sure the car has even half the popularity to sell sets that it would need to be considered. now had you asked about the 959 we'd be having a much different discussion (one that happened often when the F40 was rumored)
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    Will there be a lego porsche 944

77ncaachamps
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Hey! My aunt use to own one of those! If it was made, ID buy that!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423

Bearing in mind we've had a variety of Porsche cars in the Speed Champions range, I'm not going to rule it out - 'Classic Speed Champions' perhaps? I can't imagine that a larger scale version will be made though - 911, Countach, Testarossa (Veyron, Zonda, P1, XJ220) are in front of it there...

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,504
    They should make a Porsche 928 though.
    MaffyD
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    I'd like to see a Lotus Esprit, both the original S1 Giugiaro design and a Peter Stevens / Julian Thomson version, preferably an S4s as, according to Lotus engineers, that was the best version they ever made, handling and performance-wise... Plus I used to own one, pre-children... :-)

I don't see that ever happening though... :-(
    chuckp

Pre-children I owned a Skoda! I certainly don't want one of those in brick form!

Felicia Estate in case anyone is wondering. A fantastic little car - I was sad when it's upkeep started getting too much to keep.

• AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    I would like to see a Mk1 golf gti to go with the beetle and camper. It too is as iconic as either of those 2 and would be a nice addition to make a jolly VW trio, preferably in white and preferably an original 70s 4 speed too. Either that or a last of the line campaign edition with exclusive Pirelli p slot wheels in lhasa green.
    TheOriginalSimonB
  • BananaheadBananahead Cambridgeshire, UKMember Posts: 14

I build this

• BananaheadBananahead Cambridgeshire, UKMember Posts: 14

Please tell me this picture does not make sense.

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 457
    This picture does not make sense.
    AyliffericecakeMynattdavetheoxygenman
    edited August 2016

It's not the only thing that doesn't make sense...

Also, looks like we'll be getting a Veryon speed champ set next year, according to the leaks thread...

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    That sounds good, I have to say I've been pleasantly impressed with the speed champions.