Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

How to make highway on ramps/ exits

natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 540
I've decided that my city I will build will have two levels, with a highway running through the lower level and streets bridging over top.  What I'm curious is if anyone has attempted making exit ramps, and if it is possible to do it without it looking like a horrible mashup of slope pieces.  I know that there was a highway set released in 2000 that had elevating road pieces, but I'm not sure that's the best way to go about doing it.  Anybody have any other ideas?  Or know of any good MOC's?

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,364
    Are you using standard road plates or brick-built roads? 

If using baseplates, you can try building a ramp using just plate and tile, then angle it between the upper and lower area and use hinges as a connection point...but there are going to be gaps where it meets up at both levels and some awkwardness.

If brick-building the roads, try looking into "brick bending." The technique makes use of the slight gap between 1x2 bricks to produce a gentle curve.
    natro220catwrangler
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 540
    I was open to both...I have quite a few road plates but was worried about their suitability for my purposes.  Thanks for your suggestion, I'll definitely look into that.