Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] LEGO [email protected] Series 5 Minifigure SOLD OUT

kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just an FYI to everyone out there, Series 5 is shown as Sold Out on [email protected]

Comments

• nodnarb162nodnarb162 Member Posts: 58
    good thing my local toy store still has quite a few boxes of series 5, 4, and some 3...Bwahahaha!
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 614
    Interesting. There were a bunch at the local Lego Store on Saturday.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    ive got a few leftover if anyone is interested. all are still in pouches:

2x royal guard
    1x lumberjack
    1x zookeeper
    1x cave girl
    1x detective
    1x aerobics girl
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    i think i bought over 60 but i did not get one cleopatra next series i am opting for a box!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Do the complete sealed boxes guarantee that at least one of each minifig will be in each box?
  • vanhanvanhan Member Posts: 31
    One unopened box usually guarantees 2-3 full sets. Series 5 had 3 full sets in a box of 60
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    That sounds like the way to do it.

I've never bought these before, are they really that "collectable"? I've never been big into the minifigs, but I suppose some people are.

My understanding is that you can't tell what is in the bag until you open it, correct?
  • nodnarb162nodnarb162 Member Posts: 58
    ^ well sort of, ive manage to collect them fine by feeling through the bags, it takes some time but its worth it :) and they are pretty collectible, although it would be nice to have some sort of stand for them, my bro and i just threw one together with a bunch of black pieces and a couple baseplates :P
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,564
    ^ while they are 'collectible' there are tons of people trying to sell them on eBay, some go for more than others, but all in all the prices average to about 3 dollars per pack, Series 1 was the only real Sought after one, mostly because LEGO did not realize how popular these would be and did not really make enough, so some of those (Like the Zombie) have been climbing steadily.
  • trypticontrypticon Member Posts: 61
    Series 5 has been sold out on the lego website for at least a week, probably longer. That doesn't mean you can't find them in every store you walk into, just that the supply from the company has been SENT to every store you will walk into. I expect them to stick around for a while still, like the series 4 that I still see all over the place, and series 3, which I still find from time to time, and has been available for a year now.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I have seen them at Walmart and Meijer in northern Indiana as stocking stuffers. When I went to TRU on Sunday, the stock was plentiful.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    edited December 2011
    Where can you buy a full box in the UK ? Lego Store ?
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    @Johnnyfinlandia www.bricklink.com will most likely be your best bet. In the states, the cmf are put onto a shelf taken out of their boxes.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,564
    Heck I have seen Series 2 recently.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    @madforlegos which part of the country and what stores?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I'm glad that the minifigs themselves were never a key reason for my love of Lego. I mean they're alright, but I'm more of a pieces/structures type of guy I guess.

Saves me $ because I'm not compelled by this line of series at all. I can understand the passion for them though.
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    I just managed to get a whole box of Series 5 (60 minifigs) sealed for £57 from JohnLewis in Oxford Street .. so will put them away for a rainy day .. told my son and said he might get a few if he is good sometimes :)