Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

As per usual, I'm slow on the uptake and late to post!

MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,403

Hi everyone!

I've posted a few times since joining, but never got round to posting here. Thought I'd rectify that now! I'm an AFOL from the North of England with 4 children (2 of whom love Lego - don't ask about the other two, I have no idea what happened). I buy a few sets for myself, a few sets for my children and handbags/jewellery for the wife, which all seems to work out ok.

My LEGO interests are:
Space, Marvel & DC Superheroes, Star Wars spaceships (IV-VI only), The Lord of the Rings (finished with unless they bring out a Minas Tirith model - pause for laughing), The Lego Movie (finished with), some Creator, some Speed Champions, some Ideas, a few UCS here and there... it's all on my Brickset Profile.

I buy to build, but space and time are not my friends. I have yet to buy anything second hand. I suppose I am a partial completist in what I collect (that sounds like an oxymoron - it makes sense in my head though!) and my buying habits seem to swing between "A good set at a good price!", "This is too much at RRP, but will I miss this set when it vanishes from shelves?" and the inevitable "This is so cool I'm not going to even think about not getting it".

Thank you for being so welcoming!
catwranglerGothamConstructionCokiki180703Cymbelinelowlead

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Welcome, glad you're here.

I promise it was only a little bit of laughing about the Minas Tirith model, tinged with sadness. 

I understand partial completism, and also gradations of it :). I think some psychology researchers could have a field day with the justifications we come up with round here. 
    MaffyDkiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Good to have you on board! And yeah, I recognise the "partial completist" thing from my own constantly evolving approach to the "how do I decide which sets I must have and which sets I can realistically afford?" question...
    MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,403

Thanks @jenni! The sadness is real... plenty of other stuff to collect instead though! I think the term the psychiatrists would use is Dissonance Reduction!

Thanks @catwrangler! I had to warn someone not to classify Rogue One sets as OT earlier on - it's not that they were wrong, but that my brain couldn't accept there'd be more sets to buy!

They were wrong though :-)

catwranglerJennikiki180703
    And now maybe a Minas Tirith model? What else from my ancient past will now be a lesson to present day me to never assume anything...
    560Heliportbpk2300andhelowlead
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 652
    edited October 3
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman!
    Yep, and I've just realised that I also treat RO as OT - I have several U-Wings now. I think I was wrong on just about everything I posted. Good job people forget things on the internet!
    560HeliportMr_Crosslowlead