Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71014 DFB German Soccer Minifigs

Comments

• Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    HA! If you can find a syndrome with this massive shortstock!
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    My four year old tried watching soccer with me. After a few minutes she said "it looks like all they do is just chase the ball around." She was not impressed.
    This describes perfectly my disinterest with every sport. 
    SumoLegolegomental
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,048
    ^ That is true with just about any sport involving a ball.  Somebody chasing or keeping the ball away from someone else...
    bobabricksmatticus_bricksandhekiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,864
    Dodgeball!
    SumoLegobobabricks
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,942
    HA! If you can find a syndrome with this massive shortstock!

I have an extra I'll trade for a Malificent. :D
  • Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    @Russell844
    all I have are the figs I want and a factory error genie without the hair peice.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    SumoLego said:
    If we are doing wish lists, I want a UCS Serenity.  But I would settle for a mixed group of MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and NFL elite minifigs.

Babe Ruth, Mike Trout, Willie Mays, Bryce Harper; Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant; Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky; Dale Earnhardt, Jimmy Johnson; Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Jim Brown, J.J. Watt.
    #EastCoastBias
    SumoLego said:
    If we are doing wish lists, I want a UCS Serenity.  But I would settle for a mixed group of MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and NFL elite minifigs.

Babe Ruth, Mike Trout, Willie Mays, Bryce Harper; Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant; Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky; Dale Earnhardt, Jimmy Johnson; Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Jim Brown, J.J. Watt.
    #EastCoastBias
    Eh?

Maybe a Coast/Coast bias?  I put some thought into a varied mix of notable sports superstars...

Babe Ruth - New York
    Mike Trout - California
    Willie Mays - San Francisco
    Bryce Harper - Washington

MJ - Illinois, North Carolina
    Larry Bird - Massachusetts, Indiana
    LeBron - Ohio
    Kobe - California; or Steph Curry - California

Sidney Crosby - Pennsylvania, Nova Scotia
    Wayne Gretzky - Alberta, California, New York

Pretty Boy Brady - Massachusetts, Michigan
    Super Joe - Indiana, California, Missouri
    Jim Brown - Ohio
    Watt - Texas

And this is just by using the most notable teams... 
    edited May 2016
    And ...
    Dixie Dean
    Stanley Matthews
    Bernard Matthews
    Bobby Moore
    Shirley Crabtree
    Geoff Capes

bendybadgerkiki180703
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    CCC said:
    And ...
    Dixie Dean
    Stanley Matthews
    Bernard Matthews
    Bobby Moore
    Shirley Crabtree
    Geoff Capes

Bernard Matthews, a lover of the bootiful game?
    iso3200AllBrickbandit778
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    I'm holding out for the US women's soccer/football team. (I wouldn't complain much about getting SumoLego's all-sports all-star team, though....)
    ^ I'm sure the licensing to accomplish my dream is just a nightmare.  You'd need the sport, player's association and the individual's approval.

Stinkin' lawyers and marketing people.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,942
    sklamb said:
    I'm holding out for the US women's soccer/football team. (I wouldn't complain much about getting SumoLego's all-sports all-star team, though....)
    #3416 :D
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    SumoLego said:
    Sidney Crosby - Pennsylvania, Nova Scotia
    Wayne Gretzky - Alberta, California, New York
    Adding Bobby Orr and Mario Lemieux to your hockey list to even out each list :)
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,499
    I guess it would be OK to have "generic" team members for a variety of sports in authentic kit even if the actual players could not be licenced.  Given how much football fans will pay for a replica shirt or a shirt-shaped air freshener I can imagine them buying the look of their team as a minifigure version.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,691
    CapnRex101 has just reported that the Metrocentre store has them on the shelf, so maybe all UK brand stores will!
    SumoLegoGothamConstructionCoLego_Starkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,568
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I thought about walking down to the manchester store and getting a couple. Then I realised I had zero interest in owning a LEGO minifigure of a german footballer, and just because I can doesn't mean I should.
    BumblepantsandheARo2891kiki180703messyPoMoPinkSirKevbagslegomental
  • RoskoboyRoskoboy Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 128
    They would appear to be in Stores across the UK...limit to 10 per customer (I was told)

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,051
    edited May 2016
    Will be interested to see how these sell outside of Germany. I can't imagine the average kid being interested in owning a footballer given the choice between that and a Disney CMF (I say average as undoubtably someone will say how their kid is a german football fanatic).

Guessing most sales will be AFOLs and resellers?
    andhe said:
    I can't imagine the average kid being interested in owning a footballer given the choice between that and a Disney CMF (I say average as undoubtably someone will say how their kid is a german football fanatic).
    I think they'd be very interested in getting a footballer ... but one in their own country's kit. I doubt they will sell very well in the UK to kids as toys. But then, they probably don't need to with the numbers being distributed.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 823
    edited May 2016
    They are now on UK [email protected] They are supposed to be £2.49 but only charging £1.99 currently. Accidental 'copy and paste jobby' from when TEAM GB were released for £1.99?
    I thought about walking down to the manchester store and getting a couple. Then I realised I had zero interest in owning a LEGO minifigure of a german footballer, and just because I can doesn't mean I should.
    I don't understand this statement.  
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,129
    edited May 2016
    ^^ up until you go to the checkout, then they go back up to 2.49.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 823
    edited May 2016
    bandit778 said:
    Correct. As I said, someone has done a 'copy and paste jobby'. Made a mistake on the page for 71014.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Just popped into Lego Glasgow. They have them but very limited numbers. So much so, there's a limit of 10 per person. 

Abdolute pain in in the posterior trying to feels for them. All I keep feeling is their balls (settle down at the back. Stop sniggering)

I did get the coach as he doesn't have any balls, just a tile. 

Was there many popping in tomorrow? 
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    @William_Townsley

They had around 40 bags out on the display unit at front right of the till. Good luck with dem balls. 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    @William_Townsley

They had around 40 bags out on the display unit at front right of the till. Good luck with dem balls. 
    ;) 
    bandit778 said:
    Not if you have the stupid cookie error that they cannot solve that doesn't remove the postage costs and removes the promos from your cart.

I just phoned to confirm, they are removing postage costs, giving me the free parrot and honouring the £1.99 price.

bandit778snowhitie
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 163
    Hoping I'll be able to pick up a Marco Reus minifig
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,359
    I yeaaaarrrrn for these. Any way my US-self can get them?
    ARo2891
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    Hmm, just ordered after comment on main article mentioned available at [email protected] uk.  Saw was £1.99 each, made order up to £50 to get free shipping. Now noticed charged £2.49 each.  Not sure whether to phone and ask for refund of extra cost but that will take below £50 for free postage so they might charge that, or cancel and reorder with extra items so once adjusted it comes to above £50.  Although it's their mistake, so think I should just leave and ask for refund.  

Also need to sort out the linking of my account to my parents and my sisters and some random person that my work placed an order for using the company credit card (all credit cards used are registered to my home address)!
    And now going through as £1.99 each...
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Noooo... Feel robbed now if they are going through at £1.99.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    Might pop into Glasgow when I'm in tomorrow and grab a few
    caterham7 said:
    And now going through as £1.99 each...
    £2.49 again if not logged in for me.
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    Been refreshing my checkout page on and off for about 20 minutes and got them back to £1.99 each
    My dad's order just got cancelled for exceeding order limits as he uses my credit card details for online orders like Lego and Amazon, so they've linked his account to mine - doesn't like using their card on the internet!
    In looking at the insert, there are a number of those figures with literally no difference - other than hair color.

Unless you have a full-color portable x-ray, these blind packets are actually blind.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 722
    Wait the name of this of the minifigure team is DFB - The Mannschaft?

I'm not an expert on German or anything but that means something else entirely where I'm from. Then again I'm 40 with the maturity level of a 14 year-old.
    CM4Skiki180703AllBrickricecakesnowhitiePitfall69bandit778
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,359
    ^ Took me a second haha

It means The Team
    flord said:
    Wait the name of this of the minifigure team is DFB - The Mannschaft?

I'm not an expert on German or anything but that means something else entirely where I'm from. Then again I'm 40 with the maturity level of a 14 year-old.
    Everyone's name on the team is Richard.  Coincidence?

And by the way, there is only one Mannschaft:

(Also named Richard... coincidence?!?)
    flordBumblepantschuckpricecake77ncaachampsPitfall69
    ^ If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there are no coincidences.
    SumoLego
    CM4S said:
    ^ Took me a second haha

It means The Team
    It certainly is a team. Again, where I'm from, we might even call it a unit. They're a close-knit bunch.

Alright, I'll stop beating this horse to death.
    SumoLegoBumblepantsricecake
    ^ You're a stud.
    Bumblepants
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,653
    Upon arriving home I opened every bag; I had already completed 75% of the series from 16 bags, surprisingly I was very fortunate. The four other duplicates were completely different from each other plus those were mostly the ones I wanted especially Ozil; so it was a good sign of me getting those as duplicates.

LEGO Minifigures - DFB Series 71014

Four To Go...
    GothamConstructionCokiki180703snowhitie77ncaachamps
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I wonder if there's a way to order a box or so here in the US and have people pitch so a couple of us can get complete sets...
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Adzbadboy said:
    Upon arriving home I opened every bag; I had already completed 75% of the series from 16 bags, surprisingly I was very fortunate.
    Did you grab a consecutive block or 16 random from anywhere?
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,653
    iso3200 said:
    Adzbadboy said:
    Upon arriving home I opened every bag; I had already completed 75% of the series from 16 bags, surprisingly I was very fortunate.
    Did you grab a consecutive block or 16 random from anywhere?
    I picked up a bunch from a pile on top of the display stand and a couple from each hook.