Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71014 DFB German Soccer Minifigs

Comments

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    As an enormous fan of the sport (whatever you all want to call it) and the husband to someone with heavy German ancestry, I want the set.

That said, my favorite player of the bunch...Özil...is the worst likeness of any of them.
    77ncaachamps
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    MattsWhat said:
    edit again: do they have names and numbers on the backs? That would be cool, so I bet they probably don't.
    Yes they do.

Im thinking, get a bunch of these and use the balls in the Idea's maze, with a custom football pitch design.
    bandit778bluedragonAdeelZubairJenniMattsWhatGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 163
    edited April 2016
    I support Borussia Dortmund, so I only want Marco Reus and Matts Hummels figures. Might have to overpay for them.

• matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    I don't have much interest in the sport, but it would be nice to have a set for the great variety of fleshie minifig heads, variety of unique hair styles and colors, and two-toned arms. I wonder how/if these will be available outside of Germany?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,048
    More importantly, will they fit on my 2000 Lego Sports Soccer Field (pitch?).

And who will they scrimmage?  

The 2002 NBA All-Stars?
    MasterBeefyBumblepantskiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    I still don't understand why LEGO would make a Minifigure Series like this? Although, this give me hope that they will release an American Football Series here in the US. 
    pharmjodkiki180703
    ^ I can't tell of this is sarcastic or not.
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Pitfall69 said:
    I still don't understand why LEGO would make a Minifigure Series like this? Although, this give me hope that they will release an American Football Series here in the US. 
    Well these will surely be popular where they are released, but it certainly helps broaden their brand and reaches audiences it wouldn't normally reach. Heck, ESPN covered this earlier today and never in my life did I think ESPN would cover anything Lego-related. 
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Pitfall69 said:
    If you're talking about the soccer, I prefer the women's team. At least they win...often!
    goshe7
    ESPN has to fill a lot of air-time with sports-related content.
    pharmjod
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Oh well, that's "solved" that problem.

I have to have these figs now...take a look at their minifigure plates I just saw in the review on zusammengebaut.com...

ARo2891
    Lego_Star said:

I have to have these figs now...take a look at their minifigure plates I just saw in the review on zusammengebaut.com...

Holy crap that's gorgeous
    Lego_Starkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    American Football = NFL Football

ESPN and LEGO got togther during the National Championship of College Football, so it wouldn't be new if they did something else with LEGO. 

I would be on board with a US Women's Soccer Team.

Pitfall69 said:
    ESPN and LEGO got togther during the National Championship of College Football, so it wouldn't be new if they did something else with LEGO. 

I would be on board with a US Women's Soccer Team.

That is very true I had completely forgotten about it. It felt very weird and incompatible but who knows, maybe it worked!   And I would be ALL OVER CMFs for USWNT. And I'm sure that a move like that would be applauded from everywhere 
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    I think a brickset trip to LEGOLAND Germany might be worth considering. Anyone want to come? :o)

Although it's not part of the set, I want the torso from the host of the smallest press conference in the world too...

Not sure if it's been used anywhere before with both the suit and tie being red.

• SarkySarky Vancouver, CanadaMember Posts: 23
    Sigh, I'd love to have a bunch of them. Too bad they're stuck in Europe.

I've heard that there are restrictions on where nationalized minifigs can be sold. Just like the GB Olympics team. That's a shame really, considering that many people (myself included) prefer to buy directly from LEGO.

On another note, does anyone know of any good websites that will have this series available.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,330

Spoke to a friend in Germany last night, asked her to pick me up as many as possible, more interested in them for parts, lots of interesting hair pieces and a relatively cheaper way to bulk out the fleshies with new expressions etc.

the bases are a nice bonus, I figured they'd have something more specific, like a German flag on them to render them unusable, but the white with silver stars could be very useful.

Lego_Starkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,864
    Shib said:

the bases are a nice bonus, I figured they'd have something more specific, like a German flag on them to render them unusable, but the white with silver stars could be very useful.

Although not for England until at least 2026 (and that's with a lot of wishful thinking).

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,330
    I genuine don't give a damn about football, I was thinking more that stars can be a generic decorative print so the bases work far better in builds than the team GB ones
    Lego_Star
    Sarky said:

I've heard that there are restrictions on where nationalized minifigs can be sold. Just like the GB Olympics team.
    Where did you hear about restrictions on where nationalized minifigures can be sold? I imagine LEGO are deciding to restrict these to Germany and possibly German speaking countries based on lack of perceived interest elsewhere. I doubt a Germany national squad would sell that well to kids in the UK, for example. I don't believe there are restrictions from FIFA about selling of international shirts and other merchadise by the national associations. Whereas the Olympic Association does have rules about where national Olympic Associations are allowed to market their merchandise.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,458
    Any word on what stores will sell these apart from official Lego shops?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited April 2016
    Its perfectly sensible too - you realised you weren't very good at these sports (football, rugby etc) so made up your own that no-one else plays. Now you're the best in the world, although I suppose also the worst in the world!

And the whole franchise system you have going on - that's really stupid too.
    Agreed...if we're talking about professional football. However, college football is a lot more fun.

As for getting a complete set, I'm not even going to try. Mainly because I like to have complete sealed sets and these look impossible (unless someone invents a way to feel colors and painted on dimples). I do have to admit that a person could pick up an entire minifig wig selection from this set though.
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • SarkySarky Vancouver, CanadaMember Posts: 23
    @CCC Yes you do have a point. Even if LEGO did not think that these would sell well in ex. Canada, they still could've made them available online. As for the restrictions, they were some theories from a bunch of LEGO friends.
    Pitfall69 said:
    Lego_Star said:

These are great stands. The team will definitely need them because they would be always falling off your shelf and onto the floor for no reason ;)

Germany have moved on since this ...

Sarky said:
    @CCC Yes you do have a point. Even if LEGO did not think that these would sell well in ex. Canada, they still could've made them available online. As for the restrictions, they were some theories from a bunch of LEGO friends.
    They would then need to negotiate different terms with DFB, terms (licensing costs) for selling worldwide would probably be different to selling within Germany (or Germany plus Austria). And if the sales are predicted to be very low in these countries, why bother with it. Plus they still need warehousing in the different locations, taking space from other lines.

Ironically, to the U.S. Men's Team?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    edited April 2016
    ^^I wonder what hairpiece the Rudi Voller minifig would have?

Bumblepantskiki180703eanair
    Got to be the wrestler's hair for Voller's mullet era. Maybe with special printing on the mullet with a limited edition Frank Rijkaard minifig available.
    ARo2891pharmjodkiki180703SirKevbagsWatfordScottyM
    ^^yes please to a Frank Rijkaard minifigure
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    No way to feel them up.  They all have same body with different hair but multiples of the hair so hard to say for certain without opening. Any Boyd know distribution?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    You would think they would also be available in Paris for the Euro Cup!
    I doubt many French people would buy them, and I cannot really see German football fans travelling to Paris (or France more widely) picking them up while watching games.

• ContrailsContrails Member Posts: 14
    I know it is a bit of a long shot but would anyone in Frankfurt be keen to help me out by swapping a set of the german football minifigs with the new disney series? I happen to be travelling there soon and cant get those 'footballers' from where I come from. Thanks. 
    kiki180703
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    If anyone gets a spare ozil and podolski figure I would be very interested please. In the uk so probably no chance of getting hold of these otherwise.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I have to say, this series perfectly captures exactly the level of excitement that I feel when I think of soccer.

Can't wait for the curling CMF series!
    pharmjodSumoLegogmonkey76Jern92AllBrickkiki180703KingAlanI
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Maybe golf next!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    Or chess.
    Pardon me, I was napping.  Is something happening?
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    I like the idea of these exclusive sets.  I have no interest in buying them, however, but I like the idea of them being made.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't lego approached by the German "team" to have these made?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    SumoLego said:
    Queen E2 E4
    bandit778kiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,458
    My four year old tried watching soccer with me. After a few minutes she said "it looks like all they do is just chase the ball around." She was not impressed.
    chuckpSumoLegogmonkey76bandit778sklambtallblocktookiki180703KingAlanI
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    They dive too.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    Legoboy said:
    SumoLego said:
    Queen E2 E4
    Ooo.  That's a wicked googily...
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 722
    Personally, I won't be satisfied until there is a cricket series. I mean, hello, does TLG not like money?
    If we are doing wish lists, I want a UCS Serenity.  But I would settle for a mixed group of MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and NFL elite minifigs.

Babe Ruth, Mike Trout, Willie Mays, Bryce Harper; Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant; Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky; Dale Earnhardt, Jimmy Johnson; Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Jim Brown, J.J. Watt.
    ARo2891sklambkiki180703
    flord said:
    Personally, I won't be satisfied until there is a cricket series. I mean, hello, does TLG not like money?
    Makes perfect sense. It is one game were you could actually move the players about in real time to match what happens on the pitch.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I came across this - genuinely liked playing this as a kid and here its even mixed with some LEGO (not my pic to be clear). If I tried to get my kids to play Test Match today....

• MiniFigHunterMiniFigHunter Member Posts: 113
    apart from lego store..... anyone know which stores will sell them i am going out to germany next week and would like to cut down my search time
    KR
  • Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    Im just going to get that guy with the orange spikey hair bicuase I'm trying to make Edd, Tom, and Matt from eddsworld
    Ayliffe
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    You could use Syndromes hair?
    bobabrickskiki180703gmonkey76