Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Train track help.

jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
edited December 2011 in Collecting
Finally got my first train. Didnt come with tracks. Recommendations? I hear the flex tracks make the Emerald Night fall off the tracks. Where can I find just straight and curves?

Comments

• Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    You can buy straight ones that come with sets like the train station 7937. But if you want just the straight tracks or the curved ones, you're going to have to look into older sets on Amazon.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Thanks.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,549
    If I am not mistaken (can someone else verify) you need to flex train in order for the EN to NOT fall off of the current static curve pieces, you need a wider curve in order for the train to stay on the track.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 232
    It depends on the speed you want to run your EN. I have had no issues with the standard curve.
    I am not going to power the EN. I just want some track for for my son to push it on. So the EN does fall of some tracks right?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,469
    edited December 2011
    I have an EN powered by the standard XL motor running on 9V track and had no issues with derailing. If I remember correctly there was a thread here somewhere discussing this issue but I don't remember how it was titled or if it was a discussion that got side tracked with other comments. I think it involved @drdavewatford.
    Here is one discussion but not the one I'm thinking of. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussions/2132/trains#item_46
    Here is one discussion but not the one I'm thinking of. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussions/2132/trains#item_46
    I get a broken link.
    edited December 2011
    Try this one http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/2132/trains#item_46 Ok, I checked it and it works, go to the top of the page.
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    I'm not aware of the EN falling of standard tracks - unless the driver is going too fast. I've not tried the flex tracks I have, mainly because they are downright ugly and unprototypical.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    My EN is fine on both types IF I don't send it round to fast. I think the issue is that the motor is pretty powerful and the temptation is to ramp up the speed, which ends in a horrific accident for your minifigs. Keep the speed at 'steam train' level and it'll be fine. :)
  • Rollo_TomassiRollo_Tomassi Member Posts: 113
    In my experience, you can get ANY train to overturn on a curve if it's goin fast enough. I learned this the hard way when my boy sent my Red Passenger off the table and shattered bricks everywhere. ;-)