Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Staying at LegoLand California

BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
Although we've been to LegoLand in California many times, my wife and I are planning our annual summer vacation to California and want to give our kids a treat and actually stay in the newish LL hotel for a night. We would go to the park the day before and the day after. After looking into it online, it looks quite expensive. Any advise on doing this more affordably or general advice regarding staying at the hotel? 

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    edited April 2016
    I think you just bite the bullet and book the time that work best for you.  These sets ups  are never the most affordable.   We have done this, not at the LL hotel, but the other hotel connected to the property with the path that enters by the water attractions.  (BTW, for all I know this is the Legoland hotel now, but it wasn't 5-6 years ago)  I remember it being expensive, but looking back on it I remember the fun times and convenience of it all much more then the cost.   Plus you get early bird perks.   And your kids grow up and move on so fast, make the most of the trip.  I don't mean to tell you to spend more then you can afford, but to us it was worth the extra cost.

At that time the hotel had a huge pool party  going on during that weekend we stayed.  They and set up outdoor movies to watch while we swam and played.  I'd do it again in a heart beat if my kids stayed young, lol

Same goes for  the Disney hotels I know they are expensive, but we always enjoyed the convenience of the Grand Californian, too.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Brew said:
    Although we've been to LegoLand in California many times, my wife and I are planning our annual summer vacation to California and want to give our kids a treat and actually stay in the newish LL hotel for a night. We would go to the park the day before and the day after. After looking into it online, it looks quite expensive. Any advise on doing this more affordably or general advice regarding staying at the hotel? 
    I have never been there. But I have thought about going.

The only thing that crosses my mind is checking with Costco regarding special priced ticket offers. And always use the Legoland free kids coupons available in Lego magazines.