Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dimensions Storage & Display.

Our family got LEGO Dimensions for Christmas and I have since started collecting a lot of the packs.  Many of the packs offer great minifigs, mini-builds , and/or printed pices. The in-game content is just a bonus.

The constant sales have made it easier to justify and we now have so many that they now dominate the coffee table.  I'm now looking for a way to store and possibly display the pieces and was curious what everyone else did.  I'm presently leaning towards a shot glass display case with a glass door.  That way we can display the pieces while not in use but open the door to get them out when playing the game.
gmonkey76

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,072
    edited March 2016
    That's probably going to be your best bet.  Once my kids figured out that you didn't need the figures or the mini-builds to play the game, we stripped them down and put un-fancy curved plastic labels on the top of the game discs.

And since we really only needed to store the discs, we bought the Dimension-branded disc holder from Toys 'R' Us.  Has worked out a lot better for gameplay, but the mini-builds and minifigs are now long gone.

I can't find the storage box on the TRU website, but I think they have them in the stores.  (Below is a link to Overstock - just so you know what I'm referencing.)

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/LEGO-Transparent-Light-Blue-Gaming-Capsule/10759215/product.html
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,073
    I have seen those in several TRU stores for $15. I own five of them.
    SumoLegokiki180703
    We fit all of the discs (but none of the builds) into one, very comfortably.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,674
    I had a few Studio Decor display cases from Michaels that I've haven't used for other projects yet so I took some pictures. The shot glass one is $59.99, and the keepsake one is $49.99. At full price so they are not cheap even at 50% off. Was able to fit all off them into one or the other, except the Samurai Mech as he is too tall for either. 

chuckpkiki180703
  • Aero_DynamicAero_Dynamic Atlanta, GAMember Posts: 1
    For convince I use the plastic adjustable compartment boxes found at The Container Store.  The smaller size is perfect the minifigures (holds approx 18 figs per) and the larger is great for the vehicles/power-ups (holds approx 18 accessories).  Not ideal for display but works wonderful for storage and mobility.
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    I use an old media cabinet I got from Target in 2008/9.  They're really cheap and hold alot figures.

Oh...my octopus got cut outta shot.

Hello!

Nobody likes a loose octopus.
    gmonkey76kiki180703
    Nobody is a lucky girl!

(Excuse me!?)
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Those things are serious escape artists.

My advent calendar tray system works nicely for me. Each minibuild can have its own cubby, and the tray can be tucked away nicely in the entertainment center so no one knows my secrets. Or, you know, so they're easily accessible.
    gmonkey76SumoLegokiki180703
    Easily Accessible? Behold! My couch is beside it and I don't have t Rex arms, shorty!
    edited April 2016
    I don't know how those horrible cigarettes got in that shot...and who the hell needs 5 lighters?
    The boring 'Dad' solution to Dimensions discs...

mr.pigglescatwranglerobi_gkiki180703
    ^but..but...how do you make a mess?
    gmonkey76SumoLegokiki180703
  • mr.pigglesmr.piggles Snow FortMember Posts: 326
    Easily Accessible? Behold! My couch is beside it and I don't have t Rex arms, shorty!
    My secret is out. I do have short arms, for I am short! 

Also: not a smoker, but I probably have five lighters myself. One in each coat pocket, because you never know when you're going to accidentally touch or otherwise encounter a spider and just have to torch everything.

@SumoLego I like your dad-style. I was thinking of taking a page from your book on this, because clutter is frustrating. (And my Lab's tail swipes eeeverything tall off that game pad portal whatever thing. Even the portal itself. Kinda over it.)
    SumoLegokiki180703
    ^Ditto on the gamepad. The cats seem to enjoy it more than any of us. The portal build is inside that cheese wheel.