Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New to Brickseek

Schubert19Schubert19 CanadaMember Posts: 41
Hello Forum,

I am looking for a little assistance in how to use Brickseek and get Target/Walmart to price match.  Is it as simple as pulling up Walmart.com inventory and showing that to the cashier to get the price match?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 36
    Go to customer service...tell them you want a price match...show them the item pulled up on competitor site (usually on your phone)...let them do the rest...(note...they only price match to competitor sites they list in their price match policy)...
  • Schubert19Schubert19 CanadaMember Posts: 41
    Thanks Legomyeggos....I will be trying this next week when I visit my brother in VA
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,408
    Some deals are easier to price-match than others, at least at Target. I recently used a Toys 'r Us 2/$5 blindbag deal to buy minifigures at Target, but had to bring in a printed flyer because they will only price match ONE of an item from an online ad. With the print ad I was able to buy 20.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,425
    Yes. It is simple as that.

But keep in mind:
    • stores will most likely have a short list of competitors with whom they will price-match
    • the items have to be sold by the competitor and NOT a third-party (which most online retailers offer)
    • your experience will vary depending on the CS rep handling your price-match
    I was hoping to get Target to price match a Walmart price provided of course that I can't find the set at Walmart
    Well I went to Target this am and asked about the price match.  I showed the Brickseek price and the CS rep agreed to the price match.  I went and got the sets and at checkout with her she refused the price match stating they wouldn't price match an individual store but just walmart.com.  Pretty frustrating to say the least.
  • legomyeggoslegomyeggos Member Posts: 36

From Target website:

We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item on Target.com, then find the identical item for less at Target, select online competitors, or in Target’s or a competitor’s local printed or digital ad. Stores are unable to match or adjust the price for a Target.com order. Please call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 for a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services. Some exclusions apply. For more information see our Price Match Guarantee page.

definitely sure brickseek isn't on the online competitors list...