Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Would you like to see a Lego Batman Movie CMF Series?

iPowerful2iPowerful2 AustraliaMember Posts: 12
So I just saw the Lego Batman Movie trailer and it looks awesome! Seeing all the different Batsuits and the new Captain Boomerang and Catwoman figures starting me wondering if they'll do a CMF Series like they did with The Lego Movie. Some of my picks for minifigures to be included in this series would be:
Batman Beyond, Batman
The New Catwoman shown
Captain Boomerang (the comics version shown)
Batman Gown (which would include the new lobster piece)

Those are just a few of my thoughts for minifigures. As we get more trailers I'm sure I'll be adding to my list.
Post in the comments below which minifigures you think they should make if they do a CMF series.

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,421
    Captain boomerang is going to be in a set later this year.
    I wouldn't mind a LEGO Batman Movie CMF, depending on the characters featured. If it was just a series of alternate batsuits then I'd have little interest, we get enough of that from DC sets.
  • iPowerful2iPowerful2 AustraliaMember Posts: 12
    Yeah they would need to include one or two different batsuits. The Captain Boomerang being released later this year is based off the Jai Courtney version from Suicide Squad and from other animated movies. The one I would like to see is the one shown in the trailer because it looks like the one from the original comics.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    No. There are enough licenced sets coming along and Batman does pretty well for regular sets anyway.
    BumblepantsmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,893
    I can't see it happening. Lego would be undermining sales of their Superhero sets as the minifigures are an huge factor in selling those. They would much rather get us to drop $20-30 on another Batcopter to get our (insert villain here) than a $4 bag
    catwranglermadforLEGOkiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,421
    Ah, you obviously paid far more attention to the trailer than me, to be honest I always prefer a new character over a new variant of an existing character. While I wouldn't be surprised to see a LEGO Batman Movie CMF line I think @Bumblepants has hit the nail on the head, generally the figs sell sets so a CMF line for the film would be fairly unlikely.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,064
    They could easily do a CMF line - with some pretty obscure characters that we will all grumble about.

I would consider the Lego Movie CMF line to be just about the worst.  It appears that nobody put much thought into most of the figures. (No Vitruvius - lots of 'filler' robot figures, Marsha the Mermaid and Ms. Scratchen-Post are terrible choices, etc.)

I also hate that they didn't do a Michaelangelo  (the Renaissance genius, not the Ninja Turtle).  It was a great line in the movie - such a lost opprotunity.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    LEGO does not have the licensing to do CMFs of Lines like DC, Marvel, Star Wars, etc...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,064
    ^ They have a license to do a movie - I'm sure they could work out detail on a CMF line...
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,257
    And due to the fact a lot of the characters will be tongue in cheek versions of the DC universe I can see them being far enough removed from the comics to get away with it.
  • CHAINSAWCHAINSAW ChicagoMember Posts: 199
    So I just saw the Lego Batman Movie trailer and it looks awesome! Seeing all the different Batsuits and the new Captain Boomerang and Catwoman figures starting me wondering if they'll do a CMF Series like they did with The Lego Movie. Some of my picks for minifigures to be included in this series would be:
    Batman Beyond, Batman
    The New Catwoman shown
    Captain Boomerang (the comics version shown)
    Batman Gown (which would include the new lobster piece)

Those are just a few of my thoughts for minifigures. As we get more trailers I'm sure I'll be adding to my list.
    Post in the comments below which minifigures you think they should make if they do a CMF series.
    Mabye... that would be intresting.  I wouldn't be to surprised if they did.  But still they may not.  Plus if they do, it won't be for about a year still.