The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Hello!

PippaPippa DC, USAMember Posts: 20

Hello!

I guess I should introduce myself...

I love to play with toys - I always have and hopefully always will.  I tend to have strong opinions on all things toy-related including which ones get and which to keep and which to keep getting more.  LEGO is one of the most awesome toys ever!

Most of my adult-life I have actually avoided buying LEGO because I knew I would easily get carried away.  For years I limited myself to playing with other peoples LEGO, even buying them LEGO sets just so we could play with them.

When my son was born I had to resist the urge to go out and buy us tons of cool sets.  I also spent a lot of time thinking about which sets to get and how to approach introducing him to LEGO.  I held off until I thought he was ready and then plunged into Duplo (which weren't really around until I was already into regular LEGO) - starting with a couple of big tubs of basic bricks to encourage creative building plus some animals and wheels for interest.  Luckily for me he was quickly hooked.

I mostly held off regular LEGO until he was 5 - we were having lots of fun with the Duplo.  Now he's almost 6 and a corner of our dining room is piled high with bins of LEGO and we are constantly adding to it and to the LEGO "city" that has taken over the train table.  And we are having a BLAST!

Comments