Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Man-building LEGO sets

Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 486
edited March 2016 in Building and Techniques
I tried man-building my Obi-wan's interceptor last night because I figured it would be to quick of a build. Definitely a way to make that 15 minute build 2 hours more enjoyable.

(Man building means you don't need the instructions because you are a man and have pictures.)

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 474
    So many sarky responses....so little time...
    PeteMkiki180703Jackad7Jern92OldfanSprinkleOtterBrickmanmr.piggles
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    edited March 2016
    I love trying to reverse engineer nice stuff I see online. Building from pictures is a nice challenge. I've never thought to try it with a retail set. Might have to give it a go.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Jackad7 said:

(Man building means you don't need the instructions because you are a man and have pictures.)
    Real men don't need pictures.
    Kevin_Hyatt
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 486
    edited March 2016
    DeMontes said:
    So many sarky responses....so little time...
    I debated putting a disclaimer to ward of such evil. 
    TigerMoth said:
    Jackad7 said:

Real men don't need pictures.

Another valid point. I will remove a corner from my man card.
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 752
    I honestly thought you meant there were Lego bricks programmed to build a man figure. Like the Mindstorms robot picking up Lego pieces and slowly assembling a giant minifigure
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Jackad7 said:
    Sorry to burst your 'man' bubble, but this is exactly how my 3-4 year old insists on building however many times Dad yells at him to "Follow the instructions!!!"
    plasmodiumMattsWhattallblocktooRonyarlegomattGothamConstructionCoDeMontesSalamalexkiki180703
    Jackad7 said:
    Sorry to burst your 'man' bubble, but this is exactly how my 3-4 year old insists on building however many times Dad yells at him to "Follow the instructions!!!"
    It was a joke. It's a running joke (at least with most people I've interacted with) that men don't need instructions. The recent geico commercial also mocks this with Tarzan refusing to ask for instructions. But sorry to 'burst' your bubble.
    princedravenkiki180703
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ Stay calm, I knew it was a joke
    Jackad7kiki180703
    ^ Stay calm, I knew it was a joke
    Sorry :/
    princedravenkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,199
    Instructions are just pictures...
    CircleKkiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    How do you know if you got it 'right'? 
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 474
    Maybe his wife/girlfriend checks his work
    Legopassion8Salamalexkiki180703
    MattsWhat said:
    How do you know if you got it 'right'? 
    I ask it who it plans to vote for in the upcoming election.