Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Fearing the Worst - the end of HP?

LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
edited December 2011 in Collecting
about 2012's Harry Potter prospects. Has anyone seen any news, or have thoughtful hopes like me for at least ONE new set?

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I highly doubt any new HP is coming, the movies are over, what is left to drive future sales?

Much more likely that we'll get Hobbit or LOTR sets...
  • LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
    Well, they are releasing a calendar and HP minifigure book next year, and the new videogame could drive sales - same as Batman, if you will. I would actually disagree with you on that, as LotR movies aren't aimed necessarily at kids.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    every indication seems to be pointing to HP sets being done.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    @LuciusMalfoy7: just a friendly reminder to help keep the forum tidy with an appropriate topic title. The cliffhanger approach has a place in other forms of communication, but, as used, it may result in interested parties not visiting the topic, or lure uninterested parties.
    Sorry, I'll be more specific next time.
  • bixtrix77bixtrix77 Member Posts: 53
    I hope the sets are not retired soon. I really want diagon alley before it's gone. Hogwarts express and the hogwart castle add on will be good and then I'm happy. I Have managed to puck up,on ebay, almost all the creatures too.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    edited December 2011
    No HP next year as far as I know, or POTC.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    @bixtrix77 as a Direct item, Diagon Alley should be on the store shelves for awhile yet - so you should be good there.
    I'd love to see a Hogwarts expansion, and possibly a Grimmauld Place or Ministry of Magic. Very hopeful thinking, I know.
    Ministry if magic. Now that would be great. I'd like a revisit to the shrieking shack. Have a chance of getting wormtail,sirius and lupin with wolf head...... not asking too much! Lol
    Agreed! I'd love to see sets of Hogwarts expansion, with, on a totally unrealistic wishlist, the Chamber of Secrets (much smaller), the Philosopher's Stone wishlist, and some of the loose odds and ends rooms like the potions classroom, the main library, the greenhouses, etc. all in a modular format that can hook up with the first two sets. Whew. Big list, yeah, and totally unrealistic.
    But it's fun dreaming lol green house would be great. grimauld place with the naginhi ambush would be good too......wake up...wake up lol
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited December 2011
    Hate to be the one to say it, but you gottasnapoutofit!

LEGO's contract for the Harry Potter license was with Warner Brothers. It was only a small part of the huge merchandising universe that WB sold --lucrative add-ons like T-shirts, figurines, clothing, LEGO sets-- to promote on the back of its primary product, the movies themselves. Unless JK Rowling pens Harry Potter: The Auror Years, and WB decides to film a movie about it, and LEGO and WB think they can make a couple of sets, only then can we expect the return of LEGO HP.

And how realistic is to expect one more set that can top Diagon Alley? The Imperial Flagship was a beautiful send-off for the Pirates line, DA is doing the same for HP.

Look, I know how hard it is to say farewell. I have read the books over and over and over again, and I still fall in love each time. The really good thing I get from your posts is that there is a lot of imagination abounding, so why not put it to good use and build something? Lumos!
    Oh, yes, I completely agree! I'm currently short on bricks, but I'd love to do something like that. I agree that if Diagon Alley is to be the last set, which it probably is, it is a terrific send-off. However, they do have the new LEGO video game coming out, so a spring set release, IMO, would be possible - but I know that I'm probably kidding myself. In which case, I'll just have to say Mischief Managed!