Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I bought some of those knock-off Lego Superheroes Big Figs from ebay. Are they safe?

this is specifically the one I got, simply because i wanted rhino. Anyone have any experience with these? even if they do use lead paint as long as im not eating it is it fine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400937027701?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    No-one's using lead paint. It's not going to spontaneously combust or fly off the shelf into your face. And I wouldn't recommend eating actual lego either.
    Yodalicious
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 511
    If you wash your hands after playing with them and before handling food, don't pull them apart (except as intended), and don't use them for chew toys, I don't see a safety issue.
  • CHAINSAWCHAINSAW ChicagoMember Posts: 199
    Not a safety issue necessarily, just an ethical issue of knowingly buying a knock off that is likely not an authorized copy from Marvel or LEGO.
    Yeah exactly, I think it's perfectly safe; I'm pretty sure.  It's just not lego.... :(
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 75
    I guess I'm just paranoid as I haven't even opened the box they were shipped in. I have terrible luck when it comes to these things. I'd probably get sick of I opened it.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    The box may be filled with the breath of the fake Lego overlord. 
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ Since the knockoffs are from Shanghai, China, he better hope that it is the breath of the fake Lego overlord in the box. Shanghai air probably could make someone sick. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,064
    edited April 2016
    ^ Could?!?

I'm pretty sure we would confuse a cubic foot of Shanghai air for a concrete parking pylon!  Air should not be chewy.
    SprinkleOtterchuckpkiki180703
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 553
    You should probably open it. With their quality there are probably misprints, and when I had misprints they just refunded me 100% and let me keep the figures :D
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    You'll live. I just wouldn't let kids play with them.