[US] Game Stop Deals/Promos

13»

Comments

• OubirdOubird OklahomaMember Posts: 48
    Second head for Edna Mode exclusive with preorder I Lego incredibles 

FowlerBricks
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708
    ^Is the Edna Mode polybag inside some sort of box which houses the game?  Or is it loose and given out by the GameStop employees?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    jmeninno said:
    ^Is the Edna Mode polybag inside some sort of box which houses the game?  Or is it loose and given out by the GameStop employees?
    Loose. Game Stop exclusives are always loose polybags.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    I was in Gamestop 2 weeks ago preordering a game with my nephew and this particular Gamestop had a Finn exclusive poly on a rack for $4.99.  So this week..nephew and I where at a Gamestop an hour away from home, so I decided to ask if they sell them.  He gave me some story about their "not suppose to".  But then reach under the counter in a drawer and pulled out a Lego Movie Western Emmet and a City Chase McCain. I thanked him and told him I try to get 2 of each for the kids and end up buying a game for a system I don't even have just to get the poly...and he pulled out another of each.  I could hear this particular store had lots.
    pharmjod77ncaachampsFowlerBricksMynatt
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    scotty12 said:
    I was in Gamestop 2 weeks ago preordering a game with my nephew and this particular Gamestop had a Finn exclusive poly on a rack for $4.99.  So this week..nephew and I where at a Gamestop an hour away from home, so I decided to ask if they sell them.  He gave me some story about their "not suppose to".  But then reach under the counter in a drawer and pulled out a Lego Movie Western Emmet and a City Chase McCain. I thanked him and told him I try to get 2 of each for the kids and end up buying a game for a system I don't even have just to get the poly...and he pulled out another of each.  I could hear this particular store had lots.
    The GS I have been to seem to have LOTS of different promos stashed all over the place.

One summer, I stopped by a GS that was cleaning out their store and when the manager found out what I did for a living, he gave me a bunch of promos to pass out to the kids. Some junk, a few Lego polys, some too mature (read: violent games) to pass out, some really cool.

So yeah. Unless the GS employees know their value and lift them from their store, your local GS should have a stash of older Lego polys.
    FowlerBricks
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Some stores will tell you had to pre-order the game and that we can't hand them out.
    madforLEGO
    Iron patriot and silver Centurion polybags at GameStop with lego marvel collection.  I had to call around a bit, but managed both with one game.  Game also low stock each location?  Released tues 3/12.  Polys are behind counter.
    BumblepantsMegtheCatCaptainRogers
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708
    edited March 14
    Thanks for the tip!  Guess I'll be making some visits in the next few days!
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 616
    I managed to get a silver centurion but no luck on iron patriot so far. One store said you have to buy the game.
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 500
    I was fortunate enough to get both for free. Dude said he had more than he did games in stock
    Oubird
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 62
    Is anyone able to get some extras of those Iron Patriots/Silver Centurions? I'll gladly pay for shipping (plus some compensation) ebay flippers are going crazy with the prices.

Pretty Please?!?!
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 734
    @lcdo_figueroa message sent!
  • Darth_Jar_JarDarth_Jar_Jar Near explosions Member Posts: 43
    Went there yesterday and bought a used LEGO Marvel Super Hero's for 9.99 and asked if they had any of the LEGO promotion left and one employee had no idea what I was talking about, but another overheard it and kindly brought me a Silver Centurion, even though the promotion was meant to be for a more expensive game. :)

FowlerBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,567
    I called 4 stores yesterday. One had none left, another said very clearly that they would only be given with purchase of the recent game, the third had no idea what I was talking about. But the fourth seemed promising! I'm going to make a trip out tomorrow to see if I can't get at least one. I figure I could try the method above ^ if nothing else. 
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 49
    I got lucky when I walked into a GameStop on a whim and asked the employee if they had any Lego polybags and he gave me the Iron Patriot, Silver Centurion, and the Lego Movie 2 Star Struck Emmet polybags for free. 
    pharmjodMegtheCatLittleLori
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    The_Stud said:
    I got lucky when I walked into a GameStop on a whim and asked the employee if they had any Lego polybags and he gave me the Iron Patriot, Silver Centurion, and the Lego Movie 2 Star Struck Emmet polybags for free. 
    I would love to find these Gamestops that do this, because every one I have gone to tell me that a purchase is required.
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 62
    The_Stud said:
    I would love to find these Gamestops that do this, because every one I have gone to tell me that a purchase is required.
    Same here, I actually went to one and was about to pay for the game just to see if the employee would let me choose between the minifigs and he only pulled out the Lego Movie one. I told him "No, I'm interested in the Marvel ones" his response "Ohh but this is the only one we have." I walked out faster than ever, I really hate Gamestop.
    SumoLego
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 150
    I stopped at a Gamestop I've had problems with in the past. Some of the employees follow the rules, some don't. The other day, I asked about the polybagged figure and they just gave me one. And, it was the one I wanted the most: Iron Man Silver Centurion!
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 814
    It looks like Gamestop stores got way more Silver Centurions than the Iron Patriots which is understandable since Iron Patriot came out so long ago.  A Gamestop manager I know only had one Iron Patriot compared to six Silver Centurions.
    BrickByBrick
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    So after totally spacing out on the preorder I stopped by the Game Stop across the street from me. I did have to buy the game, but luckily they had a Lego Movie 2 on left, and they gave me a Silver Centureion too.
    FowlerBricks
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 814
    I just saw that there will be a build and take at gamestop for a overwatch yellow bird.  Sorry, I don't know anything about the game.

Here is the slickdeals link to give credit to the original poster.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13375672-gamestop-stores-build-take-home-event-free-mini-overwatch-ganymede-lego-toy-starts-9-28-at-2-4pm
    PyrobugFizyxstluxLittleLori
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 779
    Ahhhhhhh I've been trying to figure out where the heck that Ganymede build was from! It's been in the DB for like a year now, and I had no idea how to get it!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    I thought they did the bird at the LEGO Store too?
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 112
    ^Apparently, they had it in LEGO stores back in January. Same build but the one at the LEGO stores was mostly lime green and white.