[US] Game Stop Deals/Promos

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Went to one GS today. No more promo polys.

went to another. Got the last one. Tried not to get a dupe or one that I picked up earlier at Target in the spring/summer for $3.00
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    I did an online order for the Harry Potter and Gremlins packs on Thanksgiving day, but the site kept erroring out. Then the Gremlins pack went unavailable. Then the order for Harry Potter finally went through. It authorized my card so many times the one that finally went through got declined. Called bank and squared it away. Now my order shows open but says neither Harry Potter nor Green Arrow are available online.

I went in about 11am or so yesterday to a GameStop store, bought both Adventure Time packs, and was given a Green Arrow for each one. Went to a different store about an hour later, bought the Gremlins pack, and got a third green Arrow.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I did an online order for the Harry Potter and Gremlins packs on Thanksgiving day, but the site kept erroring out. Then the Gremlins pack went unavailable. Then the order for Harry Potter finally went through. It authorized my card so many times the one that finally went through got declined. Called bank and squared it away. Now my order shows open but says neither Harry Potter nor Green Arrow are available online.

I went in about 11am or so yesterday to a GameStop store, bought both Adventure Time packs, and was given a Green Arrow for each one. Went to a different store about an hour later, bought the Gremlins pack, and got a third green Arrow.
    which store(s) did you go,  i saw the line at Dubin store way too long,  dont want to ask!

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Tempted to go back to my local Gamestop to see if they have the midway pack, to get another Green Arrow fig.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
    bsiu922 said:

which store(s) did you go,  i saw the line at Dubin store way too long,  dont want to ask!

Both stores were in San Jose.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    bsiu922 said:

Both stores were in San Jose.
    I got the last one at the San Leandro Bay Fair one  with a Sonic Set,  cause already got the other from Toys R us
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Went in to a Central VA store last night around 8pm to pick up the PS4 Starter pack with Supergirl for $40 (now that, thanks to Target and their cartwheel deal, I have a PS4), and they still had a Green Arrow to give me. After being at the store Friday morning at 5am to get one.

I'm glad so many folks have gotten the promo this time. Seems like it's more famine than feast when it it comes to these things at gamestop.
    77ncaachampsmadforLEGO
    Tried to get the PS Supergirl pack at Gamestop near me and they did not have it (likely if they did it sold out fairly quickly) I am going to try to go get another E.T. for my Sis in law and see if I can snag another Green Arrow if they have them
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Jealous of people with competent GameStop employees near them
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Just received my Starter Pack...without a Green Arrow.

Didn't appear on the initial receipt.
    Didn't appear on the subsequent packing slip.
    Didn't appear in my box.

Returning the game.
    ClutchPowerkiki180703
  • pansyppansyp Pacific NorthwestMember Posts: 93
    Just received my Starter Pack...without a Green Arrow.

Didn't appear on the initial receipt.
    Didn't appear on the subsequent packing slip.
    Didn't appear in my box.

Returning the game.
    Just got my order, too. Ordered a level pack and while the Green Arrow initially showed up in my order history, nothing in the box and nothing on the packing slip. And now the order's not showing in my acct, either.

I'm sending an email to see if they'll do anything to help. I'll update.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    I got my Green Arrow today in a totally separate envelope with a packing slip that didn't mention the Starter Pack I ordered.  Odd. 

Did the Green Arrow ever show up in your order history?
    LegoTT said:
    I got my Green Arrow today in a totally separate envelope with a packing slip that didn't mention the Starter Pack I ordered.  Odd. 

Did the Green Arrow ever show up in your order history?
    Nope.

already returned the starter pack.
    paid by PayPal so they just issued me a cash refund.

im not expecting the green arrow since it never appeared anywhere in my invoices.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 447

I still haven't received my order yet, even though I got the shipment e-mail on the 26th.  The tracking info says that USPS received the shipment info on the 28th and nothing else but GS's site has a delivery estimate of 12/3.  I'm hoping that if mine doesn't come with the Green Arrow figure, I can go to one of the stores near me and hope they have one and will give it to me if I show them my packing slip.

I'm wondering if this delay is because I used the SAVER code for free shipping.  Did those of you who received your packages already use a paid shipping method?

• bige1998bige1998 Member Posts: 15
    I received mine today with three Green Arrow's for the three Dimension items I purchased.
    bige1998 said:
    I received mine today with three Green Arrow's for the three Dimension items I purchased.
    Did they appear on your shipping invoices?
  • bige1998bige1998 Member Posts: 15
    bige1998 said:
    Did they appear on your shipping invoices?
    Yes they did.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
    My Harry Potter just shipped. Green Arrow still says not available online.
    My Harry Potter just shipped. Green Arrow still says not available online.
    Starter?

i got my team pack with no green arrow (just reached for it when I ordered) but decided to keep it. Decent price...
    Team Pack. And my order status now says closed. So I guess I'm not getting that Green Arrow.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 431
    Sounds like this has been a bum deal for most.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    I knew online was going to be a crap shoot.  Gamestop is inconsistent enough in store as it is, so I was very hesitant to place an online order and find that the Green Arrow was missing.  I visited a store while being out of state at 1pm and they still had plenty, which was a lucky break.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Went to one of my local Gamestops last night and was able to procure a Green Arrow after purchasing an E.T. Fun Pack.  They still had a few left.  I tried another one a few days ago, and they were out.  I would recommend going to an out of the way location.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Ordered online like the rest of you guys, used SAVER promo code and just got my order today.
    Order history online shows the 2 dimension packs and 2 green arrows but it doesn't show GA as shipped. And the order is marked as closed.
    Package had 2 Dimensions packs, one of them is the wrong one, and no green arrows. I'm calling to see if they have any they can send it not I'm returning to a local store. 
    Disappointed with Gamestop. 
    dspigelkiki180703
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    I ordered 4 team/level packs total online during BF, the Green Arrows never showed up on any order or slip, but 4 came in the box so there is still hope for some of you out there.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I ordered the Ghostbusters story pack as a hedge against getting one in the store, plus the price was great. Got the story pack, no Green Arrow, but the order still shows as open. I got a GA in the store, but still wondering if I'll get the one for the online order. While I'm tempted to return the story pack, still, it was as good a price as I'll likely see anytime in the near future.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 431
    I stopped by GameStop today and was able to get this.
    ClutchPowerLegogramkiki180703gmonkey7677ncaachampsGoldchainsmadforLEGO
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    There's still Gamestops with the Green Arrow poly.  My 2 nearest ones still do.  I stopped by one on Sunday and bought the nephew a Assassin's Creed backpack for X-mas and asked if they still had some....sure enough...the manager pulled a stack of them out of a cupboard.  He gave me one, no problem.  I'll have to go back when he's not there and ask again to buy one.
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 316
    Gamestop has 30% off on Dimensions starting today.  I went in on Saturday night to buy something for a gift, and was told that they would be 30% off on Sunday.  Unfortunately, they don't have any green arrows left.  It is now showing the sale on the website.
    Good if you still need some gifts before Christmas. However, I think I'm done with Gamestop once the Green Arrow promo ran out. I'm guessing that these Dimensions will be about 50% off at some point in their lifespans as well.
    77ncaachamps
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 316
    The Gamestop website is showing the new Batman Movie Story pack preorder price to be $29.99.  I pre-ordered tonight at a local store, and paid in full, in the hope it will be honored.  The employees aren't certain if it is a mistake or not.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^Amazon is selling it for the same price right now, so maybe one is price matching the other.
    gmonkey76
    Gamestop ad this week shows all accessory packs for 50% off.  Good deal for those still hunting for Gremlins or Batman Movie Story pack, etc.

http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad
    TXLegoguyJenniClutchPower
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    edited April 2017
    A lot of the newer fun packs are only actually 40% off.  Starter, level, and team packs are actually 50% though
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708

This may not be the correct place to post, but it's related to this sale, so I hope I'm in the clear.  If not, I apologize.  So I'm a newb with Dimensions.  I scored a bunch on ebay for about $3 a pop because I knew that was a good deal (Well, considering there were no Dollar Outlets or whatever they were called around me).

My question is this:  What's the best deal you have seen on Fun Packs, Level Packs, Team Packs?  Are the best deals only around Christmas time?  Or is 40-50% off really good?  I'd love to get a couple of the Gremlins/ET/Slimer/etc but don't want to pay tons to get these.  Thanks so much in advance!

edited April 2017
    Toys R US had buy one get one free earlier this year or late last year

A lot of the newer fun packs are only actually 40% off.  Starter, level, and team packs are actually 50% though

I went in store today and can confirm that every fun pack was $5.99. Got the Excalibur Batman, Superman, Aquaman, and Knight Rider as well as a LBM story pack for $24.99. Not sure why the discrepancy in price in store vs. online for some items but it's really easy to check stock at local stores. 
    elspankdog

teal93mr2 said:

I went in store today and can confirm that every fun pack was $5.99. Got the Excalibur Batman, Superman, Aquaman, and Knight Rider as well as a LBM story pack for $24.99. Not sure why the discrepancy in price in store vs. online for some items but it's really easy to check stock at local stores. 

Awesome...guess I'll go back for Excalibur tomorrow.  Got the Adventure Time sets today.
    ^What's funny is that the GS employee did not even know that the items were on sale.  It was a great time to use the $50 gift card I had, walked out with barely paying a dime for the above haul!
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 154
    i think Best Buy has similar deals on the fun packs. the prices on the team and level packs seem less than 50% though.
    I just called a GameStop to see if they accept trade ins for new, unopened Lego Dimensions Fun Packs.  I believe the guy on the phone said they stopped doing that within the last year.  For reals!?  Can anyone confirm what I heard - I was on a cell phone with spotty service and the guy was very soft spoken.  Thanks!
    edited April 2017
    Just called Best Buy...they don't accept them for trade-in either.  Anyone know of any place to offload extra Lego Dimensions Fun Packs for some sort of store credit?  Keep in mind I bought these on ebay as part of a lot, so I'm looking to do this as ethically as possible.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 282
    I don't recall anyone ever taking fun packs. Just the game disk it self. 
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    stores never did that
    Free Lloyd minifig (GS exclusive) with purchase of TLNM game.

They are also celebrating Lego Day on Saturday.
    How? No clue.

Why does that say June 7th?
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    ^Not to mention those are old games, even the pre-orders lol. @77ncaachamps be time traveling again. 
    gmonkey76
    edited September 2017
    Yeah. SMDH

That last one is old.

But there is SUPPOSED to be a Lego Day per the bottom of the Ninjago poster.

MODS, can you delete that post with the June 7 image?
    Thanks!
    SumoLego
    Lego day ad

gmonkey76