The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

I guess it is about time I introduced myself

JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 934
Hi,

I have been reading the forums since summer 2015 and occasionally posting comments since January 2016.

I am in my 40s and, along with my 2-year younger brother, grew up with LEGO in Latin America. At some point (as I am sure it happen to most) I was "too old for toys" and my attention went elsewhere. My kid brother (9-year younger) who 'inherited' all the LEGO sold it (the bastard)... and all our Hasbro Star Wars toys (double #$%%^ bastard).

I briefly got back to LEGO in my late 20s with the Star Wars theme, but it was expensive back home... so back to the dark ages.

Move to the USA in 2003 and got back into LEGO Star Wars for a few years... small apartment + cost + wife drove me back to the dark ages (OK, wife was the main factor).

With the wife gone (divorce), it took me a while but I got back to LEGO in late 2015.

It has been a good ride getting to know how deep the LEGO community is, all the different and interesting themes (e.g. Modular Buildings and Ideas), and excellent sites like Brickset.

I got back to LEGO with #75052 Mos Eisley Cantina (my favorite Star Wars scene) and #21302 The Big Bang Theory (how I discovered Ideas). I now expanded to trains which in turn has me looking to some City sets.

I just want to point out that I am still in a small apartment (divorced... doh!) and cost is still an issue... so it was the WIFE! :)

Salud!
catwranglerkiki180703DeMontes

Comments