Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Displays at TRU

Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,415
edited December 2011 in Collecting
Has anyone seen these? I didn't see them in the database. Since they hold a complete series of 16, I picked one up. Some figures need a little more space but it seems to work pretty well... and they are stackable.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11972548&prodFindSrc=rv

Comments

• krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    There is also a size that holds 8 figures... same series... also stackable. I haven't seen the 16 figure version in my local store. Might have to go shopping :)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,315
    The small minifigure case is also available at Walmart for $9.97.
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    I have seen them only at 1 TRU, I believe the price was $14.99 for 8 and $19.99 for 16... comes in several different colors... a few weeks back I remember a promotion to get them for free (in store only)
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I saw one today at Toys R Us, and posted a photo of it on my blog:

http://brickupdate.com/lego-sale-at-toys-r-us-december-2012/

(It's the second photo down)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,315
    I think that $14.99 price tag under the large minifigure display case was an error. That is the price of the small case. The large case is $22.99. You should try your local Walmart $9.99 for the small case is better than $14.99!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,886
    Question is if you only bought 1 small case - what 8 figs top your list for display?

IMO and in no order...
    Classic Space fig (any color)
    Series 1 zombie
    Blacktron I fig
    Original Joker
    Forestman (one from 1980s series)
    Classic Town female with white pigtails (ridiculously hard to get)
    Western - Bandit I (Black Bart)
    Original Boba Fett

There was a 30 greatest figs blog posted back in 2009...for reference:
    http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/05/the_30_greatest_lego_minifigs_of_all_time.php

• Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    The large ones will be 25% off at TRU starting tomorrow.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,886
    The large ones will be 25% off at TRU starting tomorrow.
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if this will be a short-lived product. I'd like to buy a bunch, but want to wait until after the holidays.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Has anyone seen these? I didn't see them in the database.
    They aren't made by LEGO; they are made by a different company ('Blip Toys') which have licensed the use of the 'LEGO' brand. Under the current guidelines, items like this aren't included in The Database.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,415
    I did think it was strange that no one had mentioned them. That would be why. They still seem to work as designed and I had no problems getting minifigs to stay in there.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^ there are so many different 3rd party licensed items, and it's difficult to keep track, so we had to draw the line somewhere ... these display cases are a bit marginal, as they do include genuine Lego parts (the plates for the figs to stand on), so it could probably be argued either way, but they themselves aren't particularly collectable :-)
  • vanhanvanhan Member Posts: 31
    TRUs has carried these for a few months now but have limited quality. I have never seen more then 3 of the small and 3 of the large at one time. And they are usually sold out online. I think their shipment contains 3 and comes with one of each color. It may be difficult if you are trying to get all of the same color displays. When they had the promo for the free display, my local TRUs did not have any in stock even on the first day of the promotion- go figure, have a promotion and don't have the items.

However I have found them at the local walmart for 9.99 for the small and 19.99 for the large.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    I'm going to have to pay a visit to my local Walmarts then.

The local TRU is always out of the larger version, and I won't pay the full retail that TRU is asking. I bought one a few months ago, with a coupon that brought it under $20.

Just the other day I saw a whole bunch of them at a toy store called Puzzle Zoo at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa CA, but they were asking even more than TRU - something like $29.95. It's a shame they don't carry them at the LEGO stores.