Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Professional filming at Legoland?

NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
My alma mater is doing a mini-documentary of me and some other graduates. They are going to follow me around for two days. They interviewed me to find out my interests and upcoming plans. I told them about Lego and that we would soon be going to LegoLand (we live an hour from LegoLand Florida and go a lot). They asked if they could film me and my family going to LegoLand, which I said was an odd request, but sure, it sounded like fun. 

Does anyone know if they can even do this? Does LegoLand permit professional camera men to come in and film me and the family, if they buy tickets? 

(Aside: I recently saw Escape from Tomorrow, which not very well-made, but was shot secretly at Disney parks, which is interesting. I definitely do not want to do a bunch of sneaking around like that....)

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Likely not without prior approval, and for something like this my guess is they won't approve it, but you'd have to get in touch with their offices.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    That is what I thought, but I am going to let the school deal with the red tape on that. If they REALLY want to see Lego in action, they can buy me the Brick Bank and film us building that. :)
    Jennikiki180703catwranglersnowhitie
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    No, you can not just walk in and start filming.  But if it is professional, the film crew knows what they need in order to do this.  
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    Call LL and ask what the rules around filming are. It will probably involve the school obtaining a temporary licence or, even better, just getting permission to do so. No harm in asking.