Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ideas - Review Results

Comments

• kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 402
    Really liking what I’ve seen from the Treehouse set. I think that’s going to be a purchase. 
    CaptainRogersBaby_Yoda
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    kbw said:
    Really liking what I’ve seen from the Treehouse set. I think that’s going to be a purchase. 
    It's definitely going to be for me. The thing is beautiful, seems marvelously constructed, and is quite well priced for the pieces included. Also, I want to support Lego listening to fans submissions, especially larger, detailed projects, and the best way to do that is to vote with my wallet.
    kbwMr_CrossBaby_YodaBOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 127
    When I saw the first leaked pictures of the treehouse box I was somewhat disappointed but as better pictures became available I could see how impressive it really is. Now after the seeing the stellar pictures accompanying the Brickset revue this set is a must have.  
    Bumblepantskbw
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    pharmjod said:
    Is friends a millennial show? It aired in the 90s and the characters were all in their mid to late 20s which would have put them born in the early 70s. That puts them firmly in the Gen-X generation. Most millennials would have barely been teenagers when it was on. 
    correct.  but i can tell you without a doubt that my 13 and 17 year old daughters - and also every single other teeenage girl they know - watch this show over and over and over again here in mid 2019.  there is definitely a huge popular resurgence of this show among Gen Z
    SumoLego
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    The Lego Friends set is now being “teased” on the Lego social media accounts. 
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 584
    So happyyy!!! Can’t wait to get the set! I don’t even care how it looks or how much it will cost.. FRIENDS has been my favourite show since forever! 
    I’m guessing the set will be available from half of august for VIP’s? 
    brickventures
  • Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 189
    Official set pictures are out there
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 567
    Honestly, the set exceeds my expectations, and the price is fantastic! Put that on the want list.
    Fizyx
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product/central-perk-21319

£64.99 releases 1st September , 1070 pieces 
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 247
    Friends is the perfect way to get wives into collecting and then them taking over your collection. I see what your doing lego....
    pxchriswardmKungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    Not really a fan of Friends (the show has not aged particularly well, although I guess it still has its moments) but the cost of the set is pretty good, and the set is waaaaaaay better than the Big Bang Theory, so I'll probably end up getting it eventually.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 584
    I'm stoked! The one I've been waiting for! It's even better than I imagined it to be. I love the reference of Joey's advertisement career on the poster outside. 
    Will there be a VIP early access for this? 
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,338
    Wow!!!! $60 for over 1000 pieces.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    Was there ever a “Reserved” sign in the series, or is that a nice little joke on TLG’s part? It’s been 20 years since I watched it. I didn’t see it in the original submission.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    This is a really neat set, but won’t pick it up as I’ve got no emotional/nostalgic attachment to the show.

I sure would love to see a Sopranos-themed Ideas set, but due to the mature nature of the show, am certain it’ll never see the light of day.
    CM4S
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 811
    ^ I'm the same - really nicely designed set for what it is, just won't buy it because I'm not interested in the subject matter. I'm sure we all know a lot of these unusual Ideas licenses are passed because TLG are trying to attract people who are not regular Lego buyers to get a piece of their favourite pop culture memorabilia. I'm fine with that, as long as these 'sofa and room' sets don't get overdone 
    Ian_SFizyxBumblepantsandhemontyh7
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 347
    I'll definitely pick one up (maybe two if I'm feeling it) and plan to mod it into a modular with the BBT on the top floor.
    gmonkey76Gibbo1959
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 566
    New Elementary review is here:

http://www.newelementary.com/2019/08/lego-ideas-review-21319-central-perk.html

COI - I was a fan of the show 😜

omniumstluxMaffyD
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 566
    This is a really neat set, but won’t pick it up as I’ve got no emotional/nostalgic attachment to the show.

I sure would love to see a Sopranos-themed Ideas set, but due to the mature nature of the show, am certain it’ll never see the light of day.
    Matty, you should pick it up and sell the minifigures if you have no attachment.  Others will want them and you will still have a great set or packs part for half the cost. It's worth it imo. :-)
    Baby_YodaBoardshorts85
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 46
    Looks like the Japanese Tea Garden and Gravity Falls Mystery Shack were dropped from the Second 2019 LEGO Ideas Review Stage. LEGO just refers to it as "Decision on Our Ability to Produce this Project". The designers have been privately notified for reasons why but hopefully they make it public... 
    Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,268
    As of 3 hours ago, the creator of the Japanese Tea Garden says that they're waiting to "get a response from the Ideas team with some answers to a few questions [they] asked them." Not sure if that means Lego's yet to explain what's going on or if they want a few things cleared up before going public.
    Source
    That's disappointing news on both fronts, since I loved both of those builds.  I especially feel like the Tea Garden would have added something new and exciting to the Ideas lineup that we hadn't really seen yet.
    KungFuKenny
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,853
    Thr Japanese Tea Garden I believe was designed by a LEGO Brand Retail employee at my favorite store. Maybe this has something to do with it.
    FizyxAanchir
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,023
    Thr Japanese Tea Garden I believe was designed by a LEGO Brand Retail employee at my favorite store. Maybe this has something to do with it.
    If that is the case, then they broke the rules so it is understandable. If it turns out a LEGO employee submitted an idea that got chosen in review then it could look like nepotism. It is right to exclude the idea as soon as LEGO found out.
    Baby_YodaAanchir
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 599
    Shame if that is the case about the Tea House— I was looking forward to adding it to my Ninjago City...

In other news the Seven Dwarves House made 10,000 supporters...  https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f76d3a06-e9a8-462d-9f96-d6cc0fe8d5fa
    Switchfoot55
    Yeah, the seven dwarves house is nice, even just as a house without the dwarves. But I imagine it won't pass - we have just had a nostalgic Disney Ideas set and so it could well be that LEGO already have a Snow White plus dwarves set in the making.
    KungFuKenny
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,349
    Kind of hoping it gets made but as a mini-doll set.  Would love to see some shorter legs for the dwarfs...
    KungFuKenny
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    The seven dwarves set is nice, but since it conflicts with whatever licensing they have I’m sure it won’t get made. That goes for any Disney related set. 
    They made Steamboat Mickey through Ideas so it is not totally out of the question due to licensing. But will they go for another vintage one so soon?
    SumoLego
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    CCC said:
    They made Steamboat Mickey through Ideas so it is not totally out of the question due to licensing. But will they go for another vintage one so soon?
    True, but that kind of felt like LEGO saying “here, we didn’t rip off an Ideas set even though it conflicts with our own rules”. Kind of like a good PR thing. That felt like LEGO already had something in the pipeline but saw the Ideas set get support. And since people jumped down their throats over stealing, they acknowledged the Ideas set. 

But I’m also the first person that would buy anything Disney related from LEGO, so I should be more hopeful lol. 
    They do now have this line in / linked from the guidelines concerning active licenses:

... Disney characters (Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, Tinker Bell/Peter Pan), Moana, Frozen, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Rapunzel, Cars, The Incredibles, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Mulan, ...

I don't believe it was in place when the Steamboat Willie set was submitted, I'm not sure about when it was in review. However, it doesn't explicitly state Snow White or indeed the seven dwarves. There is also not an "etc" to imply that they mean all Disney characters and not just the stated ones. 

I somehow doubt it will come, as Ideas might start to look like it is only for modern / realistic space, nostalgic movies, TV series and vintage Disney. Of course there is more than just those themes, but they are quite prominent.
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 413
    edited September 3
    The second 2019 list of sets under review is out. I would love the seven dwarves, haunted mansion or the blacksmith. The history museum would be nice but since its a modular that almost a sure fire no.

I could see the shuttle making with Lego doing all of the NASA sets. Winnie the Pooh might be nice too.

The rest dont really insterest me but I would be happy for the designers if they get chosen.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Thunderbirds are GO!

Hopefully...

And as much as I'd like it, that UCS Space Shuttle Atlantis idea is going nowhere, according to TBB: "The Space Shuttle is off-limits thanks to Women of NASA".
    The_Rancor
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,954
    I think my main issue with Ideas... I see so many I really want, but have learned to have very little excitement for results, since I should not expect the ones I want to be made. 

Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 457
    What are the chances we end up with a "The Office" set? Lego must assume its a popular choice since there is a set idea in both the first 2019 review and the second 2019 review.

At least if it passes that is an easy pass for me! Some of the others look like they will drain my wallet however....
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 567
    edited September 3
    The Office would actually be a lot of fun I think, but it seems unlikely due to the number of figs it would require as well as the size, until BBT or Friends which just focused in on a single iconic set.
    Also, just the fact that this is for the US version of The Office would seem to be a deterrent, as I would assume that most UK (any perhaps other European) buyers would prefer the UK version?

I for one would absolutely love to see what they would do with a Winnie the Pooh set thought!

I also really want a new Creator Expert level Shuttle, but I think LEGO probably has their own plans for that outside of the Ideas realm.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,947
    The shuttle seems a poor option to me as Lego has already made numerous shuttles over the years. Higher part count doesn't make it a new/innovative idea.  
    stluxgmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,652
    When might we expect results from the first round of set reviews?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    What’s the deal with the Japanese Tea Garden project? They claim it was archived for “private” reasons, but unlike Gravity Falls Mystery Shack, it seems to have disappeared entirely. Their link to it on the blog isn’t even a working link.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,947
    What’s the deal with the Japanese Tea Garden project? They claim it was archived for “private” reasons, but unlike Gravity Falls Mystery Shack, it seems to have disappeared entirely. Their link to it on the blog isn’t even a working link.
    I think it came out that a Lego store employee was the designer. I seem to recall a comment about that recently.
    AstrobricksBaby_YodaAanchir
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 811
    A Thunderbirds product might get me to purchase another Ideas set! So far I only bought the Old Fishing Store, but I have liked quite a few of the non-space IPs.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 127
    My favourites so far had been the Fishing Store and the Pop Up Book - then The Treehouse came out - my new favoutite by far! The build was lots of fun (maybe not the leaves so much) and it looks awesome on display.
    KungFuKennytamamahm
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,185
    Given that TV show vignettes appears to be a staple of the Ideas line, I wouldn't rule out an Office set.

I'd be interested to see if LEGO would opt to license another NBC/Universal property.  (Trolls, Jurassic Stuff, Friends.)
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 311
    I love the Disney IDEAS sets,so I'd love for Snow White, and HM to get through.
    BrickByBrick
    I like the Pursuit of Flight. Relatively small and interesting (like the pop-up book) that it does something. Also easy modifications to make other planes and so on. Although the rest are nice MOCs I find them a bit boring, just more of the same old stuff again.
    Switchfoot55
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 457
    CCC said:
    I like the Pursuit of Flight. Relatively small and interesting (like the pop-up book) that it does something. Also easy modifications to make other planes and so on. Although the rest are nice MOCs I find them a bit boring, just more of the same old stuff again.
    I like this too, will be a good inexpensive gift to stock up on for presents too! I loved the Star Wars trench version he put on his JK Brickworks site...
    KungFuKenny
  • JosieJosie ItalyMember Posts: 3
    Hi guys
    Glad to be acquainted with you guys. I'm a MOC brick lego lover and I'm also looking for a famous store to place a lego according to my wishes. 
    I am also looking forward to learning from you guys.

dear Astrid
    BumblepantsKungFuKennyMrKettle
    The Pursuit of Flight is a fantastic set.  He's posted a ton of modifications for it himself too.  I know that we've had discussions about sets by the same designers being chosen multiple times and if that's bad or good, but I just don't know what the solution to that is when you have someone posting models of consistent quality and imagination like he does.
    sid3windrPJ76ukAstrobricksSwitchfoot55CymbelineRogerKirkKungFuKennygmonkey76canon03