Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego.com Bricks and Pieces Part Finds Info trading thread

I want to start a thread that talks about the parts you are able to find at Lego.com Bricks and Pieces (BnP). Here is the link. https://wwwsecure.us.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts?chosenFlow=1 or search in Google for Bricks and Pieces.
1. hit Cancel
2. Select Buy Bricks.
3. Put in your age and hit enter.
On the next page you can enter a set number or an element/design number. 

So what I would like to do is have people reply with specific rare parts they can find on there and their price. 
For example, I searched for Sabine's Mandalorian Helmet from the Assault Cruiser. It is for sale on BnP for ~$1.00, which is a great deal compared to Bricklink where they want ~$2.20 for it.  

I went through my list of parts I wanted and found some great deals on BnP and some prices were not good compared to Bricklink. Also, there were many parts on there I wish I had been able to buy from sets that have been out a year but were out of stock as they only seem to have parts from the newest sets.

I will try to organize the thread as it goes on. Thanks.

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    This would be very useful. I will follow this thread for sure. Nice idea. :)
  • koshkakoshka UK/SwedenMember Posts: 193
    A word of warning as I've had a couple of orders cancelled because the inventory shown there was inaccurate. The most memorable one of these was the rare white wheel hubs for the VW Beetle. After the order failed to arrive I contacted Lego who told me that they only had the part in light bluish gray and that they hadn't stocked the white one for many years.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    The Sabine helmet has already been removed from purchase, the only way you can get that is by claiming it is a missing part.

There was a thread like this on eurobricks and the problem with it is that within a few days, loads of people order the rare parts and they either go out of stock or they get pulled as lego realise it should not have been available.

MattsWhatLostInTranslationpharmjodSethro3madforLEGOmaniackiki180703
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    ^Exactly. It is admirable trying to help out your fellow LEGO enthusiast, but some deals should kept quiet sometimes. Surprisingly it may benefit more to not talk about it.
    legomattkiki180703oldtodd33
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited March 2016
    It is a really good idea not to talk about it.  Lego must know that a lot of their sales are for minifigs, especially in the SH type lines.  These parts sometimes crop up on B&P when I really can't imagine they are meant to be there.  Maybe just an over zealous system perhaps.  The more fuss that gets made the more likely to tighten it up Lego are.
    They could completely take it down in favour of the much less useful PaB, which would be a disaster for me (and probably quite a lot of other people) as I normally always top my Lego store orders off with a quick look to see what unusual parts I can get my hands on.  Not to mention @SumoLego would have to find somewhere else to get his sausages from - highest quantity on Bricklink is 52,300 which barely keeps him going for a couple of days.
    (I actually thought my point would be more emphatic and the most would be like 100 or something.  52,000, who has that many? @SumoLego is that you?)
    http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=33078

SumoLegomadforLEGOpharmjodMynattlegomattkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,941
    Sadly, my quantity of Lego sausage is not that prolific.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    It's not really surprising, the seller is in Germany!

Good seller too, I've had a few bulk orders from him.
    SumoLegokiki180703