Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collecting certain parts only

1192021222325»

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,297
    Huh, never knew the steering wheel ever came in anything apart from black.
    Fizyxpxchrisandhe
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,594
    lego valve
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,171
    So monocolor steering wheels could be a thing then… 🤔
    pxchris560HeliportSwitchfoot55
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,082
    So monocolor steering wheels could be a thing then… 🤔
    Well... Black/black, they already are... 😁
    WesterBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,297
    It's kinda surprising how few colors there are. Seems like tan or dark tan, perhaps a green or something would have been made along the way for some reason or other. Or shown up in Friends in one of their dominant colors. I kinda like how it's just the classic Lego colors though.
    560HeliportWesterBricksandhepxchris
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,124
    It's kinda surprising how few colors there are. Seems like tan or dark tan, perhaps a green or something would have been made along the way for some reason or other. Or shown up in Friends in one of their dominant colors. I kinda like how it's just the classic Lego colors though.
    I thought that. I was looking for a new collection to go for and had a couple of polybags cars on the desk when I noticed they all had different coloured wheels. I was really surprised green never featured.
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 270
    Are you sure the red wheel is genuine Lego? I’ve only seen that color combination in dollar store knockoffs.
    WesterBricksAstrobricks1265
    iwybs said:
    Are you sure the red wheel is genuine Lego? I’ve only seen that color combination in dollar store knockoffs.
    It does appear on Bricklink here I will admit that the wheel has a slightly different feel to it, but it looks like the low quality photo! It can stay for now.
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 414
    iwybs said:
    I’m also unconvinced. The red wheel has bevels on the spokes, and odd ripples around the center that none of the other ones have. The white base also has more rounded corners than the others, and doesn’t have a clearly defined seam in the center.
    AstrobricksBumblepants
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 668
    What markings are in the underside of the base?
    Astrobricks
    iwybs said:
    I’m also unconvinced. The red wheel has bevels on the spokes, and odd ripples around the center that none of the other ones have. The white base also has more rounded corners than the others, and doesn’t have a clearly defined seam in the center.
    Yeah, this. The molding quality is crap. But it’s a simple matter of checking the molded markings in the base. Real ones say LEGO, even if it’s damn near microscopic :)
    WesterBricks
    iwybs said:
    It does appear on Bricklink here I will admit that the wheel has a slightly different feel to it, but it looks like the low quality photo! It can stay for now.
    That link leads to Rebrickable @Speedman29.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,092
    iwybs said:
    Yeah, that red wheel looks suspicious.  Leaning to be a clone.  Also, it looks like the third picture wheel from the left is broken.
    Astrobricks
    Further investigation reveals its not genuine, seller gave a full refund and apologised. The one on Rebrickable does look more genuine, so I'll keep this as a place holder until one appears.
    The classic space grey wheel is from one of my old 70s sets from my childhood, I could only find two. One the grey has gone a funny colour, but the wheel is sound and this one.
    1265560Heliport
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 270
    Methinks you should contact Bricklink and Rebrickable and ask them to remove that entry from the database.  If it doesn't appear in any known set, and if I've only ever seen it IRL in a dollar-store knockoff, and if your copy is also a dollar-store knockoff, chances are most or all copies of a red wheel on a white base are also dollar-store knockoffs.
    WesterBricks1265Bumblepants560HeliportBobflip