Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collecting certain parts only

Comments

• Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 510
    ^  Nice. I do hope we get more colours of Bricksuits in future CMF series. I think we need Yellow, Orange & Purple for a nice colour wheel with a nice poo brown one for the middle.
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,136
    edited August 2021
    I personally would love to just see them release that brick suit in all five of the of the original brick colors from the old logo - red, blue, yellow, black, and white. That's why I was a bit disappointed with the bright green one instead of yellow (at the very least standard green would have been a better option I feel).
    KungFuKennyMr_Crossgmonkey76
  • ingsamaingsama korea southMember Posts: 20

Benny of various colors.
    Isn't it pretty? :)

560HeliportKungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • ingsamaingsama korea southMember Posts: 20

Benny of various colors.

Bumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,333
    Technically, only the blue one is Benny :)
    Switchfoot55andhemadforLEGO
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 743
    ingsama said:

Benny of various colors.

Are they….fakes 😱
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,250
    Just chromed I think.
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 462
    Technically, only the blue one is Benny :)

Unless the yellow spacesuit isn't a suit and Benny has a chest tattoo. More worrying are his flesh coloured airtanks and helmet.
    Cymbelinegmonkey76
    Gibbo1959 said:
    ^  Nice. I do hope we get more colours of Bricksuits in future CMF series. I think we need Yellow, Orange & Purple for a nice colour wheel with a nice poo brown one for the middle.
    Not sure if it’s appropriate to quote myself but maybe someone was listening...

Also, new Lego theme based on The Human Caterpillar? Maybe not...
    560HeliportpxchrisKungFuKenny
    Hopefully we'll get the teal brick suits over on this side of the Atlantic before too much longer. I for one do hope that they continue to release new colors of it!
    Gibbo1959KungFuKenny
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,403
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Also, new Lego theme based on The Human Caterpillar? Maybe not...
    They did not use Lego clutch in that... thing. Urk.
    @Paperballpark Is the second fig all teal, as per recent brick suit? Is it from parts or a wiped figure? Need some teal hands for at least one of the BAM figures.
    KungFuKenny
    Yes it is. From a number of different places - I think only the torso was wiped, as you can't get a plain Dark Turquoise torso at the moment.
    KungFuKenny
    ^ okay thanks. Can you say which figure/set the ?
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    @Gibbo1959 not that you asked me but Branch from the Trolls theme has torso, arms and hands which I used. Didn’t think there was a head @Paperballpark ? Think I just ordered the legs from bricks and pieces.
    KungFuKennyGibbo1959
    Thanks @sonatine01 that info will be very handy👋🏼👋🏼
    KungFuKennysonatine01
    @Gibbo1959 not that you asked me but Branch from the Trolls theme has torso, arms and hands which I used. Didn’t think there was a head @Paperballpark ? Think I just ordered the legs from bricks and pieces.
    The head isn't technically available in sets yet...
    KungFuKennysonatine01
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 863
    The head isn't technically available in sets yet...
    Was going to say! No UK sellers on bricklink either...
    KungFuKennysonatine01
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    ^^^ No problem, I normally nick all my info from Paperballpark anyway 😉

^^ Ah, secret Lego contacts or did you get in on Bricklink before PJ76uk got in there ?
    PJ76uk
    I didn't order them from Bricklink :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,655
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, I have a headless teal torso standing patiently for its head. I see Coral, and Im guessing that is the titanium figure missing its hands, but what is the share of yellow for that first torso?
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 743
    Yeah, I have a headless teal torso standing patiently for its head. I see Coral, and Im guessing that is the titanium figure missing its hands, but what is the share of yellow for that first torso?
    226 Cool Yellow
    KungFuKenny
    Yes, the Pearl Dark Gray and Coral figures are waiting patiently for their hands to arrive ;)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,655
    Delivery of hands today!

So are those hands official LEGO parts, or are they after market?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,487
    So are those hands official LEGO parts, or are they after market?

The majority of the hard to find parts are mainly unofficial (as in not made for official LEGO sets), and made specifically for the collectors' market. There is a small industry producing these parts now.

KungFuKenny
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,456
    They’re officially unofficial
    CymbelineKungFuKennyYo_dAveyniac
    They’re officially unofficial
    This is probably the best way of describing them. Unofficially official.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,441
    Surprised there are only 5 colors of the snake.
    560HeliportMr_CrossKungFuKenny
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 138
    Surprised there are only 5 colors of the snake.

I think there are a couple different versions of it.
    What a beautiful rainbow of parts @KungFuKenny!!
    KungFuKennyFizyx
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,038
    A very satisfying collection to look at! 
    pxchris
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,292
    I am definitely super jealous.  This thread has been a major threat to my bottom line for a long time, but your incessant posting and pictures of complete color sets of pieces is going to finally push me over the edge one day, @KungFuKenny.  And when I finally snap and start putting my own collections together, I just want you to know that I will blame it almost entirely on you. *Shakes fist in anger*
    KungFuKennypxchris560HeliportCymbelineBumblepantsSwitchfoot55gmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    Fizyx said:
     And when I finally snap and start putting my own collections together, I just want you to know that I will blame it almost entirely on you. *Shakes fist in anger*
    And then I will mail you one of these… 🙂

(Not that I’m implying you are old!)

Luckily collecting in this way is not terribly expensive. The hardest part is making the wanted lists for every color of various parts. Then as you make Bricklink orders for other projects you can check the sellers to see if they happen to have that one rare color that you’re still missing. Over time you begin to accumulate the parts you need but inevitably there will be one color that’s only available in Estonia or New Zealand!

pxchrisCymbelineBrickfan50Fizyxgmonkey76OldfanGothamConstructionCoiwybs
    Fizyx said:
     And when I finally snap and start putting my own collections together, I just want you to know that I will blame it almost entirely on you. *Shakes fist in anger*
    Luckily collecting in this way is not terribly expensive.

There speaks a man who either hasn't gone fully down the monochrome minifigure rabbit hole, or has forgotten how much some of the rarer parts cost... ;)
    KungFuKennyFizyxgmonkey76pxchrisGothamConstructionCoiwybsYellowcastle
    Now that's a fun set of parts @560Heliport!!
    560Heliport
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,368
    edited December 2021
    Fizyx said:
    Luckily collecting in this way is not terribly expensive.

There speaks a man who either hasn't gone fully down the monochrome minifigure rabbit hole, or has forgotten how much some of the rarer parts cost... ;)
    Selective amnesia is helpful in marriage and Lego collecting… :-)
    pxchrisFizyxCymbelineBrickfan50gmonkey76OnebricktoomanyYellowcastlestlux
    ^ oh yeah, I'm 100% guilty of that
    WesterBricksgmonkey76bandit778KungFuKennySwitchfoot55Yellowcastle
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,038
    ^^I just assumed that was how Bricklink worked? Is there a different way of ordering something?
    pxchrisandheKungFuKenny560HeliportYellowcastle
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 723
    edited December 2021
    Mate of mine just asked me to order a bunch of SuperHero-figs via BL. Would be shame to let that order just be delivered without me at least doubling its value for my own stash, wouldn't it?

For something completely different:

I’m slowly adding to my monofig collection, with four new figs added (although I don’t think I’ll ever catch up to @Paperballpark or @madforLEGO ! ). I’m still waiting for some Dark Orange hands to arrive, and keep checking my local store for the Teal brick minifig…

Nice and all, those monochrome minifigs. But is there anyone who has added the variants with small and medium legs yet? Just for the completionists...
    KungFuKenny560HeliportGothamConstructionCo
    There are people who do that. Plus minecraft heads etc.
    andheKungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 530
    @JudgeChuck Not for long....#60326 😏