Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Collecting certain parts only

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,367
    edited March 2020
    I think it looks great. If you didn't know you would not spot the helmet easily and what a great display. I love the matching color background!

Thanks-  I got the idea from @Recce and @MrJackson a while back
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 310
    Spot the two rare ones...

You are missing sand green!
    Brixfan02
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    I am indeed, but Maersk Blue makes up for it...
    KungFuKennyGothamConstructionCo
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 451
    Where did you get a Maersk blue 1x8 brick? It doesn't exist on Bricklink
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,403
    MrJackson said:
    It does. All plain parts parts exist in all colours on BL, if you select "all" rather than "known" colours. Whether they are for sale or not is a different matter. In the case of Maersk Blue, some sellers do have 1x8 bricks. However, for any part that is not known to BL (meaning not appearing in a set), then it is worth contacting the seller first to check that they guarantee the colour they have listed is correct.

Brixfan02
    MrJackson said:
    I don't believe it's particularly rare, it just never appeared in any sets.
  • Mr_BMr_B EnglandMember Posts: 11
    Thanks!
    Brixfan02AllBrick
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,020
    What an awesome way to showcase that piece! 
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    @Mr_B absolutely stunning !

As Switchfoot said it’s a slippery slope. I’d start off with a few of my favourite colours but then realise the colours I had weren’t varied enough and before I knew it I’d be trying to hunt them all down like you have. I dread to think how long that’s taken you ?

On a much less impressive note I’ve finally managed to source all the classic spacemen :-)
    Thanks for all the help from everyone on here. just in case @omnium was right on dark orange being released too, I started early.....

(please excuse the poor pic and no stand. Yet to find the inspiration for a stand I like without nicking other people’s ideas.)
    pxchrisKungFuKennyMr_Crossmak0137omniumcatwranglerAllBrick
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    I absolutely love a full collection of classic space figs, but those green and grey helmets do stand out like a sore thumb :( 
    Mr_CrossmadforLEGOAllBrick
    ^ They don’t bother me at the moment but once they’re on display they will, unless I just look at them from a distance:-)

Does the new orange spaceman have the new or old helmet ? Maybe they’ll re-release them all again as they have the helmet mould anyway.
    andheomnium
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 712
    He has the new-but-old-shape helmet. Like Lenny, the pink one.
    Mr_Cross
    ^ Bonus, Lego just need an excuse to redo green and grey then. Surely some licensed theme like overwatch has characters in that have green and grey helmets, if not, why not !

Right I’m off to watch Parks and Recreation to cheer myself up :-)
    pxchrisomnium
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 451
    @sonatine01
    I will not feel at all offended if you copy something along the lines of my display case. You'll need a router, a miter saw, finishing nails, and plexi cut to size, which is way more annoying to do by hand than I anticipated. And you would think that those helmets would be redone soon; when are we getting medium stone gray airtanks????
    sonatine01
    @MrJackson cool thanks, I’ll see if my brain sparks to life first and of course covid-19 f**ks off so I can actually buy some Lego. I did fancy making a frame but a little deeper so I could put some lights in to display at night.
     @Mr_B absolutely stunning ! 
    I dread to think how long that’s taken you ?

Thanks! It only took 3 years or so, but it wasn't cheap - Mearsk Blue was probably the worst.

You should try doing a few, like, 5 or 6. Y'know, just to satisfy your curiosity...

😈
    Switchfoot55560HeliportandheCymbelinegmonkey76bandit778SirBenomniumAllBrick
    You should try doing a few, like, 5 or 6. Y'know, just to satisfy your curiosity...

😈

You're a baaaad person... I like it!
    gmonkey76AllBrick
    @Mr_B and how would thiese colour matched to their space scooters spaceman refuel their space scooters ? Maybe with matching coloured space scooter fuel pumps.......;-)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,273
    Does anyone have all the Zamor spheres? BL says there should be six. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=zamor+sphere+(ball)&tab=P#T=P
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 923
    Does anyone have all the Zamor spheres? BL says there should be six. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=zamor+sphere+(ball)&tab=P#T=P
    I think there are 19 of them, of which I had 11 (mostly from Bionicle).

KungFuKenny
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    ^ They don’t bother me at the moment but once they’re on display they will, unless I just look at them from a distance:-)

Does the new orange spaceman have the new or old helmet ? Maybe they’ll re-release them all again as they have the helmet mould anyway.
    For my lineup, I've used all new style helmets with clear visors, so they all look the same.
    KungFuKenny
    ^ The thing is I prefer the classic helmets for classic spacemen but the more the difference is mentioned the more it eats away at me. I’m going to wait till I’ve sorted a frame and that (which could be a while under current circumstances) and then switch them about to see which I like best.

Ive really enjoyed sourcing all the parts for the spacemen and the monofigs (I’m just over half way complete on those now) and it would have been perfect during lockdown with extra time to complete the monofigs. Unfortunately I can’t buy parts with everything going on and I’m really missing my Lego fix. Anyone found they’ve had to find new ways to enjoy their Lego ?
    KungFuKenny
    ^ dammit you’ve got colours I’m after lol. Are the bottom left medium blue and azure ? Need the heads for those 2.
    shikadiKungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,367
    @sonatine01 - the Dark Azure head came from Airjitzu Nya (njo252) and the Medium Blue I believe came from Duros (sw0689) although the print was already wiped when I got it from Bricklink...
    sonatine01
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,574
    What is the best way for one to wipe prints? Specifically torsos but I'd like to know in general..... trying not to start the monochrome collection but considering it!
    What is the best way for one to wipe prints? Specifically torsos but I'd like to know in general..... trying not to start the monochrome collection but considering it!
    I’ve used the pencil eraser method, but usually get better results using Brasso polish
    madforLEGO
    I wouldn't use brasso. Pencil eraser is ok, but I used something called Quixx, which I got from Amazon. It's really good for wiping prints.

• maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 858
    I wouldn't use brasso. Pencil eraser is ok, but I used something called Quixx, which I got from Amazon. It's really good for wiping prints.

I bought this months ago with the intention of using it on large trans pieces that came scratched from BaP (like the ones in #21313 Ship in a Bottle).

Haven't got round to trying it yet but hoping it works well.
    I just used pencil rubbers which works but some parts like the print in the leg creases are a bit of a pain.

I was hoping to find something that didn’t take so much effort but didn’t melt or scratch the plastic. Will have to try Quixx.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Really fine wet and dry sandpaper also work quite well. 
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 945
    Fodder said:

Have been building with the kids and was surprised at the number of different coloured 2x2 Duplo bricks we had
    These come in lots of weird and wonderful colours too like Curry, Dark Royal Blue, Salmon and loads more. They make a great colour checker for BL sellers because of their large surface area.
    CymbelinecatwranglerFodderMr_Crossdavetheoxygenman
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,431
    What is the one Lego brick that comes in the most colors? 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,242
    Without research, I'm going to guess the 1x1 plate.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,273
    Round or square? I’d guess round.
    560Heliport
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 344
    ^ & ^^ I thought I'd read somewhere that it was the 2x4 brick - but that's also without any research...
    560Heliport
    I'd be fairly certain that it's the 1x2 brick.
    Mr_Cross560Heliportmak0137
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    edited April 2020
    Cheese slope (in terms of CURRENT colours, in sets)
    KungFuKenny560Heliportbandit778Mr_Crossandhedavetheoxygenman
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 344
    edited April 2020
    A quick count of Bricklink's known colours:
    1x2 Brick = 51
    2x4 Brick = 47
    1x1 Slope (cheese) = 53

KungFuKenny560HeliportandheAstrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,242
    Round or square? I’d guess round.
    I was thinking square because it's been around longer.
    DeMontes said:
    Current colours, yes it could well be the cheese slope.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,403
    DeMontes said:
    Current colours, yes it could well be the cheese slope.
    So who is going to post a whole set of cracked cheese slopes?

Switchfoot55tspikeandheAstrobrickssid3windrmak0137
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,020
    53... wow.
    Well, I guess if I decide to jump on the "collect all the colors" train, the cheese slopes is a great way to go.
    DeMontesCymbeline
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 945
    This discussion comes up from time to time and the consensus is that the 2x2 tile comes in the most colours because they've long been used for TLG's internal colour palettes. Few of the non-production ones rarely make it onto the secondary market (and those that do usually have a printed number on them corresponding with the Lego colour ID).
    560HeliportAstrobrickscatwranglerMynatt