Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Sushi Restaurant

LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
Thought I'd share this. My wife found it online last night... a functioning Sushi Restuarant:

http://spotlight-media.jp/article/255903622928505666

Site is Japanese, but you can still enjoy the pictures and video.
catwranglerJenniSuperTrampricecakekiki180703cheshirecatandheLostInTranslationCupIsHalfEmpty

Comments

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I saw this online somewhere recently, its really cool!  Not sure if it could ever become a functioning modular made by TLG - but really is a neat set with lots of inspiration.
    Legogeek
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I can see all kinds of different applications for that conveyor belt. Like a model train set for your model train layout.  
    andhekiki180703Legogeek
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    They actually have restaurants like this here in Japan.  Our favorite is Kappa Sushi.  If you order something special a train drives down a special lane above the conveyor belt and stops at your table with your special order.  All regular stuff is on the conveyor belt.
    ricecaketallblocktookiki180703Legogeek
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Yup, those conveyor belt cafes are pretty darn cool. Great to see a build like this. Wish we had one nearby as I could eat Japanese food three times a day for life. 
    Legogeekbrumeykiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    3stackshs said:
    They actually have restaurants like this here in Japan.  Our favorite is Kappa Sushi.  If you order something special a train drives down a special lane above the conveyor belt and stops at your table with your special order.  All regular stuff is on the conveyor belt.
    They have them pretty much all over the Western world too now. Every major town in the UK seems to have a Yo Sushi!

The downside of this type of movement is the lack of movement in the people. It looks like some alien lifeform has frozen all human movement and the only thing happening is the mechanics of the sushi belt.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,072
    I don't think BB-8 would make a very tasty piece of sushi.  It's probably very gritty, with the sand and all...