Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Simpsons set for 2017?

blue2003avalancheblue2003avalanche CanadaMember Posts: 5
Hi, I am new to the forum but am an avid follower of Brickset since several years.  I could not find a discussion about the Simpsons.  Are there any rumors about the Simpsons for 2017, new set, new minifigures.  I have the house, Kwik-E-Mart and the 2 series of figures.   Thank you.

Comments

• blue2003avalancheblue2003avalanche CanadaMember Posts: 5
    Sorry, I should of typed 2016, looks like I need some time off...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,856
    This should probably be up in the Collecting section.  @CapnRex101.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,289
    Nothing for 2016. There's a Minifigures D2C slated for September but it will not be Simpsons.
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @CM4S Is there any word on what exactly that might be?  Rumours as I must have missed it if there has been any.

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,289
    Nothin' yet. @tallblocktoo ;
    tallblocktoo
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    I was hoping for more Simpsons as well but as I have seen discussed elsewhere there are possibly no either great items to build that Lego would care to do. 

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    could this new D2C be linked with the new Disney CMF this year?

madforLEGO
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    I doubt there will be any more Simpsons. They've dropped a year for the CMF, so it is unlikely that they will come back.
    It's definitely run its course.  I don't think we've ever seen Lego let something linger.

(So don't hold your breath on another wave of JW, or Scooby-Doo.)
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,438
    But hopefully we will see the dinosaurs again in a Johnny Thunder or A Marvel Savage Land  theme.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Or the JW sequel.
    I would assume we'll have a new set of JWII sets.  In 2018 or whenever that sure-to-be-terrible sequel does spectacular box office...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,707
    It's been a few years, but there are now rumours of more Simpsons sets

based on an apparent answer from Matt Groening at a non-recorded panel discussion.

PyrobugWookie2
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 104
    I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed the theme. The Simpsons House was the first set I bought as an adult and then I got everything else later. However unlikely it is, I'm hopeful they will revisit The Simpsons at some point.
    Wookie2M1J0Egmonkey76brickventuresSumoLegodmcc0TXLegoguymsanders
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    Would love for the Simpsons to come back to Lego (when I have money again), but not holding my breath here.
    Pyrobuggmonkey76
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 903
    I loved the theme and would welcome a return. For me, the Simpsons house was so unique at the time - such a complete house, 4 walls, it opens out, tiled floors etc. I loved It! Whilst the exteria is not comparable to the Modulars, it was never going to be based off of the source material. 

The Ewik-E-Mart was also amazing with so many details inside. I have very fond memories of playing with both sets with my son - a house and a supermarket, what's there not to like for a kid?!

The school or power plant would be great. Preferably the school....
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,434
    Ewik-E-Mart? Is that the online store? ;)
    msanders
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 727
    ^ No, just their Endor branch.
    msandersAstrobricksSumoLegoPyrobuggmonkey76Baby_Yoda
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 903
    Lol. Yep, the Ewiks love It! They are the other furry species to inhabit Endor. The Ewoks are not allowed to shop there. 

AstrobricksPyrobugBaby_Yoda