Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Converting from LDD to Bricksmith (on mac)?

How can I export a model from LDD and import it into Bricksmith on a Mac?

I've used the "export" menu item in LDD and saved as .ldr, which I can then open in Bricksmith. The trouble is that many bricks are missing in Bricksmith when I do this. I don't think any of them are particularly unique (simple things like 1x2 trans bricks, etc). What am I missing? Is there a parts library I need to update? I could always re-add the missing bricks in Bricksmith but given how difficult it is to line up bricks there, or view the model from different angles, I don't want to do this.

What I ultimately want to do is create building instructions for myself. The ones LDD generates make no sense so I though Bricksmith would be a better choice since I can group bricks into steps myself. Is there some better way of doing this on a Mac?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,264
    If you made the model in LDD in "extended" mode it is possible Bricksmith is more restrictive on only using parts that are actually made.  Are the trans 1 x 2 bricks you used in LDD the ones with or without the pin inside?  There are 2 and the trans bricks are the ones without pin, so if you used the other ones, maybe Bricksmith sees that as an invalid part.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    I'm not sure that is it. For example, all my 1x1 white plates also disappeared. I don't think there are multiple version of that part, are there? At least I don't see it in LDD.

It did warn me about a couple invalid parts when I first opened the model, but many more parts disappeared than those two.