Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mindstorms EV3 Thread

77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
edited February 2016 in Building and Techniques
Didn't see a thread for Mindstorms users here. If there is a thread already somewhere else, please collapse this post into it.

A question for Mac users of EV3: I'm having troubles booting up the program from the get go. It may be a Silverlight problem but I updated my version. OS X is running.

Anyone have any solutions or other issues running EV3 on a Mac OS?

EDIT: Rebooting after Silverlight update worked. But are there any other issues I need to be aware of running EV3 on a Mac?

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Two questions:

1)  What storage organizers do you use for the EV3 set? I'm looking for some options to consider.

2) Did they ever produce this minifigure?

• 1greenwing1greenwing Member Posts: 26
    Recently discovered the joy of mindstorms. I made a gripper style robot and programmed it using the remote to bring treats to the dogs. Of course the dogs hated it at first but once the discovered the treat aspect they all get along. I know, really, this is how I spend my time...

I use a 2nd generation iPad and an iMac with the latest OS without any issues. For storage I use a "Husky" hardware box. It is two layers and has removable sections which accommodates all sized parts, motors and sensors. It has a big metal handle and kind of bulky but works well.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    I've got a small really useful box with three divider trays in for storage but it's already nt enough so got a cardboard box for the bigger bits and sensors etc.

Just building the Rubik's cube solver today!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Recently discovered the joy of mindstorms. I made a gripper style robot and programmed it using the remote to bring treats to the dogs. Of course the dogs hated it at first but once the discovered the treat aspect they all get along. I know, really, this is how I spend my time...

I use a 2nd generation iPad and an iMac with the latest OS without any issues. For storage I use a "Husky" hardware box. It is two layers and has removable sections which accommodates all sized parts, motors and sensors. It has a big metal handle and kind of bulky but works well.
    Thanks, @1greenwing. I went to Home Depot last night and I think I saw the one you are referring to: it's about $29.99 and it's a cantilever type. Good to know you use it and like it.

@kevin_hyatt, I've seen so many of those Rubik's solvers on YT! It's a fever pretty much...
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    @77ncaachamps I've only just got started with Mindstorms so I've absolutely no idea how to build this stuff. If it weren't for other people's cool instruction sets online i think I'd really struggle to build anything.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    I picked up a once used ev3 complete with box for $150. I'd like to tinker with it, but time is my limitation right now.