Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Half Term Fun - Castle Consequences

It's been along half term for various reasons, so I had a bit of an idea today to keep the kids away from their screens.

We played a game I made up called "Lego Castle Consequences".

Basically, all of my grey bricks in the centre of the table, everyone with a baseplate, with the right places to join the walls up marked and we built a bit of a castle wall each. Then put them together to see what we had.

Even my wife and my 4 year old built a section. That was an hour or two killed, and then the kids spend a bit more time finding and building minifigures.

More photos, of each section on my flickr stream:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Not quite sure I can claim my wife as an AFOL yet, but...

BumblepantsJennisnowhitielegonut80madforLEGOnatro220Ronyarmr.pigglesBuzzsawkiki180703ricecakecatwranglerpharmjodGothamConstructionCochuckpstlux

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    That's fun and a good idea! Not sure how you got that title though.... What were the consequences?
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I like this idea, just showed it to the children. I might have to do a multi coloured version with them :)
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Ah. I thought Consequences was a well-known game:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_consequences

snowhitiekiki180703
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Would love to see the results @legonut80 - my daughter did want to do a pink Princess castle, but I don't have many pink bricks. 
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    I like the knight running into the wall head-on. ;)
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    @leemcg it might be, I never heard about it before, but it makes sense now! There you go, I learned something new. That's why I love this community :)
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    That's such a great idea! Might try that with my boyfriend - particularly nice if you know you're not going to get time to build a whole castle in one go; you could do a wall at a time and then join them up when they're all done...
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    That's a great idea! Will have to try it when my kiddos get a bit older.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    I read the title thinking it would be this. 

What's a half-term?