Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Have you ever attempted a lego American Football stadium?

ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
I would really like to do this, I just don't know how to go about it. I don't have enough $$$ to go buy all of the Lego CMF football players, either. :( Suggestions? Oh, and if you have built a full-size one, could you post a picture? :) Thanks!
pricey73

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,848
    Have you ever attempted a lego American Football stadium?
    No.

How to build a Lego American Football Stadium:

1. Buy Lego bricks.
    2. Build American Football Stadium with them.
    3. Done.
    Oh, and if you have built a full-size one, could you post a picture? :) Thanks!
    A full-size one? Given that an American Football Field is about 100m long, I'd say a full-size model of one would use a few too many bricks to be viable...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,904
    I would really like to do this, I just don't know how to go about it. I don't have enough $$$ to go buy all of the Lego CMF football players, either. :( Suggestions? Oh, and if you have built a full-size one, could you post a picture? :) Thanks!
    Here's your template.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347
    Here's a more modest version that I think is an excellent representation of Heinz Field. I hope to build my own one day...

chrisalddinsklambtallblocktoopharmjodkiki180703BuriedinBricksBrickDancer
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,904
    samiam391 said:
    Here's a more modest version that I think is an excellent representation of Heinz Field. I hope to build my own one day...

Definitely a nice micro scale version.
    Pitfall69
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I'm currently amassing as many orange bricks as I can to build a minifig version of The Swamp (GO GATORS!), but it won't hold close to the 90,000+ that can fit in the real stadium. I'm only looking to add seats for a couple of hundred minifigs at the most. Obviously, that means it won't be accurate, or close to it, but it will have some of the subtleties and fit into my city layout.

I will say this...MOST. CHALLENING. MOC. I. HAVE. ATTEMPTED. It's large even with only a 200 or so seats and the planning alone is mind numbing.
    tallblocktoo77ncaachamps
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 497
    Inspires me to someday try my hand at a microscale banked oval racetrack!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347
    I'm currently amassing as many orange bricks as I can to build a minifig version of The Swamp (GO GATORS!), but it won't hold close to the 90,000+ that can fit in the real stadium. I'm only looking to add seats for a couple of hundred minifigs at the most. Obviously, that means it won't be accurate, or close to it, but it will have some of the subtleties and fit into my city layout.

I will say this...MOST. CHALLENING. MOC. I. HAVE. ATTEMPTED. It's large even with only a 200 or so seats and the planning alone is mind numbing.
    That all sounds fantastic except for the Florida Gators part.
    pharmjodkiki180703groundedYodaliciousdougts
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    prevere said:
    Here's your template.
    A template of one large toilet bowl. Ohio State...ugh...
    YodalicioushoodaddyRomanticWarriorkiki180703
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,345
    edited February 2016
    You could take a look at Steve Price's Legorena. This is one of the photos I took of it at last years "Bricktastic" show.

https://flic.kr/p/wtP1XE

That's set up as a concert venue, but it's still an awesome stadium!
    pricey73LostInTranslationsklambkiki180703
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    Thank you very much @BooTheMightyHamster It's now retired and stored in the back garage in readiness for a comeback tour in a couple of years!
    BTW, this took me 25+ years so @ethanjwall, you've got plenty of time
    BooTheMightyHamsterLostInTranslationkiki180703
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,575
    edited February 2016
    Legorena,  still one of my favourite ever models! 

@pricey73 - comeback in Duplo? 
    pricey73kiki180703
  • ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    @BooTheMightyHamster: Thanks! I think if (most likely when) I do this, I could use his design just taking out the bottom bleachers because that's not big enough for a football field :oP
    pricey73kiki180703
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,070
    didn't think about it since I couldn't actually play the game with LEGO. soccer does have an advantange there. I still don't like to watch it