Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Looking for a decent Bank Armoured Car MOC design!

OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
I've been trying and trying in LDD, and sat in front of my Lego 'bin' trying to create something and then searching the web looking for a good, bank armoured car design. Anybody have anything? I'd like to be able to get two people in the cab, so not normal City scale!

Comments

• MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    A decent starting point may be using the bank truck from 76015 and modifying it to your liking.I believe you can fit two people in the cab as is.You'd probably only have to redesign the rear section.
    madforLEGO
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Check out Sumolego's armored car on page 62 of the "What are you building?" thread.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,845
    edited February 2016
    ecmo47 said:
    Check out Sumolego's armored car on page 62 of the "What are you building?" thread.

Looks a lot like the armored car from the #76015 Doc Ock set actually, with some tweaks Im sure (like new wheels tires)  :-)

SumoLegokiki180703
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    The original build as sold definitely doesn't seat two mini-figures. 
    edited February 2016
    The original build as sold definitely doesn't seat two mini-figures. 
    Well you probably could get two guys in it, but probably would not look very good.. The problem I'm seeing, with my limited build experience anyway, is that it is mighty hard to make a 6 wide vehicle that can easily fit two figures side by side at least if you want to use car doors.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,240
    My 'MOC' was adding a white 4x6 plate to the back.  It's the set right out of the box.  It doesn't fit two figs in the cab.
    tallblocktooMrJ_NYmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    This MOC looks a bit wider & appears to accommodate 2 passengers

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/ww/black-van
    MrJ_NY said:
    This MOC looks a bit wider & appears to accommodate 2 passengers

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/ww/black-van
    Yeah, but the scale is off, it is more likely technic scale than minifigure scale (plus it is at least 8 studs wide)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,094
    The van in the most recent Arkham is quite nice and adaptable to look more bank like. You're still not going to get two people side by side though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,546
    edited February 2016
    Jumper plates can help you stagger minifigs within a 6 wide cab to where arms won't be in the way of each other if you have doors or panels on the sides. There is also the molded 5 wide - 2 seat part that debuted in Adventures ages ago but it limits design by being a giant chunk part.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,240
    Once you get 8 studs wide, the vehicle will be too wide for the standard road plate.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 83

Mod version of 60043. I like this set it has a nice solid look about it but a prisoner transport doesn't fit into the current build so I converted it into an armoured car.

(excuse the purple line, phone problems)

catwranglermldj77kiki180703stevecook132
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    That does look nice! Would not be out of place parked outside brick bank!
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,599
    There's a 2017 set #60142 Money Transporter that might be a good starting point. We will just have to wait for official pictures to be released.