Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Speedorz - Any uses at all?

princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
Just a quick question.
Has anyone found any real 'AFOL' based usage for Speedorz packs?
For some reason I have ended up with quite a few which I think I bought for the pieces, but have not opened them yet.
I suppose I could have an army of skunks invade my Death Star...

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    Aside from whatever assortment of parts they come with?
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited February 2016
    If you build two of the wheels to be almost touching on their 'bottoms' then you can make a bar/tile launcher that makes flick fire missiles look like a child's toy. Oh wait.

To be fair, I build them in multiples into tanks made from bionicle for my boys. You can link the pull cord things so they can be launched easily. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,094
    A while back I used the wheels in a vehicle, powering two of them at once...

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/11261/combining-multiple-speedorz

As to the other parts, it depends what you got. I bought a load of the Gorzans, then sold off the minifigs as I really wanted the rocks, bananas and foliage.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,546
    The Furty Fox set had a ton of great parts in it and one of the best minifigs in the entire Chima line.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    I have quite a few Gorzans, was thinking the same about the rocks and bananas etc.
    Would love to see a pic or vid or the combined speedorz @ccc if you have any.
    There are pictures somewhere, but it was a couple of years back. They aren't fast though, not when you add a lot of weight.

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    @CCC I just read your thread from old now.  We have been doing this in our house as I said.  We avoided the jumping issue in two ways.  Firstly, the pull makes a huge difference, if you yank as hard as you can then it almost always goes wrong - it's all about the smoothness.  We also found that you can run multiple wheels, well 2, in a row with the same pull cord, although you have to avoid accelerating the pull after it comes out the first wheel obviously.  I had a vehicle with 4 pull powered wheels working for a bit, but it really wasn't that good.  Anyway, you probably solved it or gave up caring about a week after the initial thread, so nevermind.
    princedravenkiki180703
    I connected two cords together at their pull tabs with a technic axle. That way, you can pull two of the wheels at the same speed.
    princedravenkiki180703