Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 "Minifigures" D2C speculation

Comments

• lego187lego187 United StatesMember Posts: 16
    official reveal coming today or this weekend maybe?

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    edited July 2016
    Image removed - CapnRex101
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Aaaaagghhh the excitement!! 

Where can I find a pic? I neeeed to see it! 

r/lego on Reddit has it!!
    edited July 2016
    LostInTranslationjadeireneAdeelZubairricecakecatwranglerkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,268
    It's weird that they put the Lego version in front of the real version.  It's very distracting.  Reminds me of the Magic Eye posters.  If I stare at it long enough the Lego Castle pops out of the background.

And I will be buying this on the first day.
    LostInTranslationAdeelZubairkiki180703
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    that is massive and gorgeous!!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,579
    Oh thank you! I will definitely be buying immediately! 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,526
    I presume the stud shooters are for the "fireworks". Looks mighty impressive.
    SumoLegoCM4Skiki180703
    I presume the stud shooters are for the "fireworks". Looks mighty impressive.
    Perhaps, or they couldn't work in a helicopter, motorcycle, lighthouse, sausage or super-jumper.  (Or a Spider-Man, Batman or Han Solo.)
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,492
    are you serious? this thing looks bigger than the taj mahal
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    There's a sausage in one of the rooms :D 
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    that's gotta be very expensive
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I hope they sell it inside Disneyland so I can use my 20% discount...
    Maybe the gold tower lights up, and the small turrets fold down for the flags to become flick-fire missiles.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,349
    Anyone else notice the wizard hat and broom?
    TheOriginalSimonBkiki180703
    And the spinning wheel.
    edited July 2016
    I like that it has an impressive facade,  but loads of open play areas on the back. And the slightly raised base works well too.  Just waiting for a pic of the minifigs now but will definitely be getting his anyway. Edit Ah @CM4S has delivered yet again. Mickey and Minnie are just perfect. Minnie's red polka dot dress is the iconic one for me and Mickey looks great in his tails.  

And more of the tan masonry bricks! 
    catwrangler
    edited July 2016
    LostInTranslationAdeelZubairbandit778kiki180703
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    ^^I got trolled! I was asking myself where is the picture of the set and realsied after a few minutes it's in the picture. I guess it got camouflaged with the real building due to the chosen angle. It's one set that I didn't even notice was built with LEGO :P
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 636
    wish the back was not open
    ARo2891Jern92
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,965
    I really like it, but I do wish they would not have used that tan color for the upper part.
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt.

Wow!
    catwranglerLostInTranslation
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,159
    That's impressive.
     I like the fact that it's not built in pink as it gives the set more versatility if your not into the whole Disney theme, as with a little imagination it would make a really nice generic castle.
    After the Porsche and now this, the new Death Star had better be good.
    catwranglerLostInTranslation
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    When is this available?  I thought it was September.

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    *swoon!* I love it so much. Can't wait for it's release!
    LostInTranslation
    edited July 2016
    Images of the interior rooms:

Link removed - CapnRex101
    thebeermonkeyLostInTranslationcatwranglerkiki180703
    Printed Reddish brown unikitty tails! 

I love that there's a Beauty and the Beast room and an Evil Queen Mirror room. Plus the Sorcerer's apprentice hat printed with stars and the broom. 
    catwrangler
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,854
    Oh my goodness. This is beautiful and I never expected it to be so good. I was picturing something with a lot of large panels and things rather than bricks, and I never thought it'd be so huge and detailed. My goodness. 

Okay, now to pretend it's not happening so I'm not tempted to spend money on it... at least, not this year...!
    LostInTranslation
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 714
    @LostInTranslation you forgot to mention Aladin's flying carpet and lamp and the princess and the frog reference! Love it love it love it!
    LostInTranslationkiki180703
    It's going to be a veritable treasure trove of Disney Easter eggs! 
    tallblocktoowardm
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,291
    edited July 2016
    I have removed some images of #71040 Disney World Cinderella Castle which had been posted here. These have been leaked and should not therefore be posted on Brickset as posting such images (or links to them) would be in breach of LEGO's policy on the matter. You can read more about this here. Brickset sets out its own policy here.

I suspect the set will be officially revealed in the next day or two, although weekend announcements are relatively rare.

Thank you for your understanding.
    CM4SCCCSumoLegokiki180703catwranglergmonkey76
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,921
    So with this and the death star could we get 5 of the 10 biggest sets of all time this year?
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,905
    Apparently the castle transforms into a Millennium Falcon.

DedgeckoOrmskirkBricksricecakeobi_gcatwrangler
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,905
    That was once an Angry Bird.
    Dedgeckoricecake77ncaachampsDaragh
    Did I miss the raffle?!?
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    edited July 2016
    "Throwback Thurs... Oh well. Nevermind." - Marcos Bessa

pharmjodkiki180703bobabricks
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,921
    I suspect the set will be officially revealed in the next day or two, although weekend announcements are relatively rare.
    Hint at Monday?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Overall it's very very well done. Looks to work equally well as both a display set and a playset, which should be the goal for these big D2C sets

I will say that I don't care for the way they constructed the roundness ot the towers. I realize thats is always a challenge with Lego, but I think there are better options then the wedge slopes they went with
    SMC said:
    Hint at Monday?
    MMMMMMMMaybe.
    Lego_StarAllBrick
    I guess I need to re-think my amusement park.  Maybe a honky-tonk Disney theme park is in my future.  
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 497
    edited July 2016

Finally broke down and consulted Google Images....

Must agree, this is magnificient in (almost) every way, although I am intrigued by the idea of MOCing up a back view (as requested by @SumoLego on another thread) in addition. Perhaps by modifying the base one could have the front and back open up like the covers of a book, revealing the interior's Easter-egg-encrusted goodness? I do like the wedges as a way of making subtlely tapered massive towers. Wonderful balance between delicate finishing details and the substantial mass of the underlying structure. Having Tinkerbell and the stud shooter/fireworks reminds me of the introduction to "Wonderful World of Disney" on Sunday nights when I was very young (hope I got the program's name and timeslot right instead of exposing my approaching senility).

SumoLegokiki180703catwrangler
    Just been looking at the contraband pics again now I'm at my PC. Still love it :-) 
    One thing I noticed -  in the image of Mickey in the Sorcerer's Apprentice room, does there seem to be a shadow at the top of his leg, hinting at a cloth piece for the tails of his coat? That would be cool. 
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I've not been around the last week or so. Just had a look at the images myself...oh my!  That is mighty impressive.  I shudder to think of the cost!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,148
    edited July 2016
    Brothers-brick claim to have received official details, and I have no reason to doubt them.
    Link removed - CapnRex101

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited July 2016
    ^prepare for link removed. ( @CapnRex101 )

Why do people keep feeling the need to make the mods job hard?  Everyone can google for the image if they want it and it'll be official in due course - why risk Brickset getting in trouble and not being able to attend events like Billund or May 4th?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,125
    ^  Huw has already posted ...

"but posting links to the source may be OK since we are not actually propagating the leak and may actually benefit lego by citing the source should it wish to have it removed"
    andhekiki180703
    edited July 2016
    ^ 'may be' and they already removed a link further up. (It doesn't seem like 'may be' to me anyway, posting the link is exactly propagating the leak)

Anyway, carry on, but I'm sure there'll be a few annoyed people if Brickset loses LUG status.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,148
    I wouldn't post a leak, or a link to a leak. But I have no reason to doubt brothers-brick's claim that they've received official details, if people wanted to see what the fuss was all about, rather than googling for unofficial reports.

If a mod feels the link is not allowed they can remove it.
    ^ I dare say that @Huw has recieved official details - it is still a leak if they don't wait for the official release date/time - today apparently so probably 2pm.
    andhe