Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ghostbusters - New ECTO-1 for the new movie

13»

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,276
    Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and Voltron would be pretty close to killing off mine as well.

Just need him to do a Nintendo movie and re-make Ken Burns's Baseball documentary, and I would be an emotionless shell of a person...
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,813
    pharmjod said:
    Sigh. GI Joe. What a wasted opportunity of a movie franchise. Same with transformers.

As someone who never saw a single GI Joe reference in his childhood (didn't seem to be doing anything in the UK around the time or soon after when Transformers, MASK, HeMan or Thundercats had their day), I found the GI Joe films quite entertaining as far as mindless action films go.
    GI Joe was licensed as Action Man in the UK. Before the days when we accepted everything American including their toy names :-)
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,275
    edited February 2016
    SumoLego said:
    Transformers, Ninja Turtles, and Voltron would be pretty close to killing off mine as well.

Just need him to do a Nintendo movie and re-make Ken Burns's Baseball documentary, and I would be an emotionless shell of a person...
    Was the Super Mario film not enough to kill any Nintendo film franchises forever?
    chrisalddingmonkey76pharmjodVorpalRyukiki180703
    This is true.  But I think it would be worse if Bay could somehow turn it into a billion dollar completely physically-painful-to-watch franchise.

They did make a 'Battleship' movie based on a damn board game.
    pharmjodVorpalRyukiki180703
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Vacation...not a real good example IMO. Vacation was going to be so good that they had to start putting Chevy Chase, as Clark, in the later advertising hoping there would be those that would go see it out of nostalgia. Guessing the producers of GB will do the same with the new GB reboot if it does not generate buzz with its first adverts (if any of the original cast are in fact in the movie of course).
    Whatcha mean, "example"? I literally just asked if anyone had seen Vacation. Hell. Don't ask me for opinions on movies. I enjoyed the new Fantastic Four movie. Thought Doom was dope!
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 607
    edited March 2016
    Here is the movie trailer:

Personally I enjoyed some parts... but most of it made me wish that they had not rebooted it.
    tallblocktoopharmjodkiki180703
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    I did not like it
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited March 2016
    So... its not a reboot then., but a sequel
    Mynattkiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,022
    Mynatt said:
    [Youtube Video removed don't need 20 links to the same video]

Personally I enjoyed some parts... but most of it made me wish that they had not rebooted it.
    ok so, from this trailer it is still hard to say if this is a 30 year follow on or a reboot.
    but i like it, there some good slap stick in this. i hope the hole movie is that good and this trailer is not just the best bit's real.

but i am so getting the lego set's for this movie!

will still wait for it to come out on DVD as i don't go to the movies anymore, (prices are just to high.) when you can buy a DVD for £7 and watch it again and again, where i can spend well over £15 on a trip out to the Cinema to watch it 1 time.
    ok so i don't get to see it on a big screen. but. i just watched the new James Bond movie today on my laptop, with headphones. (good Movie btw.)
    and there are no kid's or some one standing up to go to the bath room mid way in to the movie. :) i find home viewing way better, there are times then the Cinema is a good chose, "the harry potter ones i did go to see." but then again i am quite a fan of the harry potter books.

so any how, i am so getting this ecto 1 from the new movie :)

• RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Yup.  Just like The Force Awakens.  ;)
    mgjvegaslegomatt
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    And there ends the comparison.
    pharmjodkiki180703ARo2891
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,022
    And there ends the comparison.
    play nice.
    Ghosbusters did not plan a 3 part sequel of a prequel sequel? dam the start wars stuff is a pain to try and explain when you are me.
    any how there will only be 1 movie not 3 so it's waaaay better. :p
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The trailer fell a bit flat for me. Seems like the delivery of lines is a bit off and dull. Spoken a bit monotone compared how they usually are when on SNL, except for the final slapping bit which had a little more punch to it.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    Bit less funny than it thinks it is, but there's a lot I liked too, so I'm still hoping to see it and get Ecto 1. Do we have a release date for that set yet, or is it just nebulously "summer"? 
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Yea, consensus is that the trailer did not live up to the hype.  Not really funny 
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    That trailer definitely did not bring the funny. I also thought it was a bit odd that Kate McKinnon only spoke in one scene in the trailer. I wonder if her lines are too profrane for a trailer?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,691
    Only part of the trailer that made me laugh was when Melissa McCarthy got hit.(but that was only because I don't think she's funny or like her) I will say the trailer makes it look like it will be better than the new Batman Superman movie. But I still think there both going to be bad.
    madforLEGO
    ^ I was thinking the same thing.  Those Batan v Superman trailers are terrible.
    gmonkey76kiki180703madforLEGOVorpalRyuBumblepantsdougts
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    Hmmm, Paul Feig & co just took a collective dump in a corner of the my childhood... Not even remotely funny.
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Well, that was a thing that happened. Actually I did kind of perk up at the first sight of Library Ghost, the new ghost-look seems cool (CGI-retouched real actors wherever possible, according to some youtube stuff I saw, which is cool as they could easily have been pure CGI, even for the human ones) but I really lost my buzz as soon as she started projectile vomiting. Yes, ghosts, slime, it's canon they do that, but it just seemed lazy comedy the way it was staged - I feel the original was more clever in the gags it got out of slime (which somehow I've decided to make my microcosm of the whole thing, didn't plan that, just work with me here): Bill Murray's deadpan "Egon, your mucus" and trying to get it off his fingers, Ray going into ecstatics at "actual physical contact!" when Venkman's lying there rocking like a tortoise on its back...  Just pointing a slime-hose at someone feels pretty uninspired by comparison (anyway didn't one of the Scary Movies do an Exorcist scene where the gag was she barfed slime at the priest for ages? Or was that Repossessed? In any case, when the parody flick did your joke first...). So it got off on the wrong foot slime-wise, and didn't do much to redeem itself. I got a chuckle out of the overlapping "Let's go" and their awkward apologies, for what it's worth. I suspect I'll end up seeing this at a friend's place when it goes onto Netflix.

Lego-wise, I'm still thinking I'll buy the set, but I'm kinda considering a spiritual protest of not putting the 'Ecto-1' license plate piece on it.
    catwrangler
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,440
    I've had notging against this new Ghostbusters until seeing the trailer and it just seems that they are essentially telling the same story as the original, which is so unnessessary be ause there's an awful lot of scope for original stories in the ghostbusters universe. I'll still give it a chance, but not optimistic.

gmonkey76 said:
     I will say the trailer makes it look like it will be better than the new Batman Superman movie. 
    I'm a huge DC fan, but every single announcement/reveal/trailer for BvS has left me less interested in the film...i think it's the film I'm least excited about this year!
    gmonkey76kiki180703
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    While my expectations are as high as the floor, I like the trailer - it got a chuckle out of me and didn't seem over the top.  I did enjoy how overt the hint was of chris hemsworths character getting possessed.
    I hope they market this well so we don't see a movie where all the jokes and slapstick were played out in the trailers.  Otherwise, no thanks but I'll still buy the set for the printing and the additional vehicle.  The more figs to populate the firehouse the better!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    The proof is in the pudding.  Old SNL > New SNL.
    VorpalRyugmonkey76kiki180703madforLEGOBrickDancer
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 796
    Lmao there's a lot of butthurt people on the comments section of the trailer. It looks fine to me. I was actually expecting the new team to be full of themselves, acting bad ass and all that, so it's a pleasant surprise to see they're not loud, doing cheesy one liners left and right (except for the last scene.)
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 213
    The trailer is good, gives a feel for the movie without giving too much away, the cast look natural, special effects look great.
    chrisalddinkiki180703