Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

True meaning of "Hard to find" in [email protected]

OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
so, I'm planning some purchases so I have a plan for the next few months, and wondering if I should prioritise the "Hard to find" items over others...anybody know what Hard to find actually means? Is this end of the stock? Or simply low stock before they re-stock!?

Comments

• LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 Westchester, NYMember Posts: 132
    It just means that they're not stocked in most retail stores except at Official Lego Stores, online sites, and maybe one mass retailer. Often they actually last longer than regular sets if you're going by that measure.
    madforLEGOkiki180703gmonkey76
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Thanks, I had put that under "Exclusives"! 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,089
    edited January 2016
    Actually Hard to Find means to me that you cannot find the sets in most physical stores outside of the LEGO (and LEGO discovery Zones) brick and mortar stores, some retailer 'flagship' stores like TRU and maybe Targets have in major cities. Otherwise most of the 'hard to find' can be found at most online retailer sites (like Amazon, TRU, Target, etc).

To be honest there are so many exceptions to where they sell them that to me 'Hard to find' does not really mean a lot and never has. I think what you need to focus on is what sets have been out longer as the older sets (like #10218, #10220, #10214 ) will likely be the first to retire from production of the 'hard to finds'.

gmonkey76
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Damn, I forgot about Tower bridge....this month could be expensive...
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 601
    Damn, I forgot about Tower bridge....this month could be expensive...
    Didn't the Tower Bridge recently get a new box design with an updated part count? I would think that might be an indication that it's likely to stay around a little longer...