Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21118 - D2C Minecraft Village Coming this August

2»

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,227
    I'm not a programmer, but I do work in IT...
    Back to the subject in hand, someone has managed to find a copy of the Designer video for the set and posted it on YouTube:

I hope it's okay to post this here, given that it's not yet on the LEGO official channel yet.

They highlight a couple of alternate builds, the first of which is terrible, but the second is quite nice.

I'm definitely growing to like this set more, but I do still wish they'd left out the golem and given us a couple more villagers or other elements. Let's face it, if you're going to buy this set, you'll already have The Iron Golem.
    chrisalddincatwranglerkiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    that's a lot better of a video then the hoth one was.
    the wall is good. and if i was a Lego Mindcraft Collector. after seeing this video i would be thinking of getting 2 set's. but i am not a Lego Mindcraft Collector. and i will not be getting any copy's of this set.
    ^ No one's a Mindcraft collector, Chris... ;-)

I'm not sure I'd be getting 2 copies of the set, but I may well BrickLink an extra house and some extra structures to add to it.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    ^ No one's a Mindcraft collector, Chris... ;-)

I'm not sure I'd be getting 2 copies of the set, but I may well BrickLink an extra house and some extra structures to add to it.
    dont know. if i was more in to pure MOC. (some one who comes up with builds from just brick's.) i take a set and use that set as a starting point. i not that good at building with no starting point.
    so as i was saying if i was more in to pure MOC's then i would be a big "Lego Mindcraft" collector.
    however it looks like i will be spending the money i have saved by not getting this D2C on the Disney D2C thats coming later in the year. :/
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,214
    Video officially released!

I hope nobody minds if I bump this thread, to maybe get some discussion going.

My review of the set went up on the Brickset homepage yesterday:

http://brickset.com/article/21347/review-21128-the-village

JANGBRiCKS' review is also available here:

Now, that you can see the set in all its glory, what are your thoughts? Mine are in the review, of course! ;-)
    Donthedingman5kiki180703
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    I understand from your review that the villagers are an exact likeness to the game itself but seems strange that they are missing any posable arms.  For me I think that would take away a lot of the fun of posing and creating scenes i would think.  After all many people complain when figs don't come with accessories!  
    @tallblocktoo In-game, the Villagers never move their arms. They remain within their cowls / robes, so it's part of their "look".
    tallblocktoo
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    I would honestly love to try out Minecraft Lego.  This set along with the Mine and the Jungle really appeal to me however there are just so many Lego sets out there I have to set a limit somewhere so I enjoy your reviews and images!