Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CMF Series 16

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
Hi! I didn't see a thread for this on here, just thought I'd post this here in case some of you don't browse Eurobricks.

Eurobricks thread 

Here's the list so far - 

1 - Snow Queen

2 - Mariachi with guitar
3 - Secret Agent
4 - Spooky Boy
5 - Babysitter
6 - Banana Suit Guy
7 - Imp
8 - Arctic Researcher with a penguin (possibly) 

Color is yellow (again) and the release is Fall 2016 as usual.

Discuss! :)

catwranglermadforLEGOkiki180703dafish

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,021
    Oh, a classic style guitar! Finally! I bet the Babysitter will come with the new baby figure, which is sweet. Banana Suit Guy is going to be an instant hit. What's an imp? Is that like a goblin?
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,166
    a small devil
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,021
    They were being discussed here, you had even posted on the thread ...

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/413003/#Comment_413003
    Drmnez
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 798
    Yeah, but this new topic makes more sense.  If anything the mods should merge the old thread into this one.  @Huw @drdavewatford @CapnRex101 ;
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 748
    edited January 2016
    We just got a ♕ Queen. Next  wave better have Ice ♔ King and Gunther.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,087
    So we have an emo girl, and now we will get an emo boy?

Ugh, seriously I have not even seen series 15 in the stores yet.. I really wish LEGO would stop the CMF line, or at least slow down the frequency of these, especially at 3.99 USD per pack.
    CircleKMrJ_NYThanos75catwrangler
    They can't come fast enough for me :-) They are kind of slowing down by interspersing with licensed series.
    LostInTranslationSumoLegotallblocktooMattsWhatkiki180703
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 198
    Agreed, why should they slow down, I love them.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    So we have an emo girl, and now we will get an emo boy?

Ugh, seriously I have not even seen series 15 in the stores yet.. I really wish LEGO would stop the CMF line, or at least slow down the frequency of these, especially at 3.99 USD per pack.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. I have a love/hate relationship with CMF. I really like collecting them, but feel the price is autrocios. I hate how much I spend on these things year after year. 

I took a break during Simpsons 1 & 2. I keep telling myself that I will do the same for Disney, but have a feeling that one will be much harder to stick to. Especially with a Disney loving three year old running around. 

madforLEGOoldtodd33kiki180703dafish
    Do they go on discount in the US? I'm not bothering with S15 until they are 50% off. Even the popular S14 have been easy to find at £1 each in UK.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    CCC said:
    Do they go on discount in the US? I'm not bothering with S15 until they are 50% off. Even the popular S14 have been easy to find at £1 each in UK.
    Not really. At least not my area. I will sometimes read about people finding them on clearance in the Shopping threads. 

In my area they never last long. Even the ones that seem to hang around longer (like Simpsons) still sell out well before the clearance card gets pulled. 
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,986
    You can find them on clearance, but by then, the only ones thst are left are the ones nobody wants. I have gotten lucky and found about 11-12 from a Series, but then I have to try to buy/trade for the others and end up paying just as much as paying RRP.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,322
    I think Lego has the distribution in the U.S. figured out. They not only sell out quickly but are NEVER seen at lower than MSRP of 3.99. Even when the Simpsons was discounted online they were sold out in stores. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,868
    Rarely do they go on clearance - but the greater concern is how picked-over they are once they make it to clearance.

I recently picked up a case of S13 from TRU at $1.99 per pack.  Not a Hot Dog Guy or Unicorn Girl in the lot.  (But exactly 60 in the box!)

I also grabbed a S14 case for the same price, and got the usual mix.

But I leave nothing to chance and get my sets when they are released.  (Most of the time Target works just fine.)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,925
    Three sets a year is fine, especially if one line is licensed. For us the extra female minifigs help us populate scenes and players. The same with creatures. Then there are characters that simply fit into holiday scenes like animal costumes, spooky girl, elf, scarecrow, etc. I think 4 sets s year is too much, but with three and one licensed, it means that I have the chance of not wanting the licensed theme (like Simpsons).

The other thing is that these sell. There is no reason for Lego to cut back. At my Target the first two boxes were gone in less that a week. A third box came out, but was basically empty. Then they hung some, and all the hooks were full, but they are now gone. Two more boxes came out, and they are 1/2 empty.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    Banana suit!!
    Natebw
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199
    My gosh... I haven't even found Series 15 in stores yet. LEGO needs to slow down.
    TXLegoguypharmjodSumoLegokiki180703
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,782
    @samiam391 shouldn't you be studying anyway? =)
    SumoLegoPitfall69kiki180703
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 263
    edited February 2016
    CCC said:

There might be some sale at times for these, but don't expect a deep discount on them unless particularly unpopular rejects hang around for a long time (possibly maybe sometime after the following series hits store shelves).
    samiam391 said:
    My gosh... I haven't even found Series 15 in stores yet. LEGO needs to slow down.

Don't worry, this is the next regular series that won't be in stores until after the Disney minifigs this summer. Series 16 will be in the fall just before the start of the holiday shopping season (or during the start for those that like to shop early). Lego is going at the same pace as they have all along for these.

Series 15 isn't even supposed to be out yet, the official release date is tomorrow, February 1st. Some collectors seem to have found them which I attribute to stores ignoring the "do not put on shelves" date that should be on the cases.

NeilJam said:

Series 15 isn't even supposed to be out yet, the official release date is tomorrow, February 1st. Some collectors seem to have found them which I attribute to stores ignoring the "do not put on shelves" date that should be on the cases.
    In the US. Release date was 1 Jan in Europe.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    CMF wise i only get
    historical fighters (ie knights, spartans, samurai, kendo-dudes etc)
    sorcerers and
    mechanics, machinists (ie welder)
    gentleman (dudes dressed with suits)

will there be something for me in this line ?
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 647
    brumey said:
    CMF wise i only get
    sorcerers and

If the Secret Agent is anything like James Bond, you should have the ultimate "gentleman."  Hopefully the Snow Queen is a powerful sorceress, like Elsa. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    brumey said:
    CMF wise i only get
    sorcerers and

I'd say 2 of them (not on the list yet) might suit your needs. 
    edited February 2016
    If the Secret Agent is anything like James Bond, you should have the ultimate "gentleman."  Hopefully the Snow Queen is a powerful sorceress, like Elsa. 

I'd like to see the Secret Agent guy with a trench coat and a new fedora hat.

Banana Suit Guy - It's peanut butter jelly time!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,413
    Banana suit man just reminds me of this cartoon
    https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=A211GB384&p=Bananaman
    ricecake
    edited February 2016
    I believe it is a man dressed as a banana (like hot dog guy), quite different to Eric Wimp of 29 Acacia Road.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,100
    We have a friend, who for the last eight years, every Halloween (& any other occasion him figures he can get away with it) has dressed up as a Banana.  So, if the Banana Suit Guy does turn up in Series 16, I guess we'll have to pick up the amount we'd be after, plus one, the Banana Suit Guy needs his own Banana Suit Guy minifigure...
    xiahna
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    i always have to think about this gif when it comes to banana guys 

->       http://i.imgur.com/mZ9rekY.jpg
    New figure - Penguin Suit Person! May or may not be a girl. 
    LostInTranslationricecakekiki180703
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 980
    CM4S said:
    Two suits in a set? Has that happened before?
    Toc13 said:
    CM4S said:
    S13 - Hot Dog Suit and Unicorn Girl
    TheLoneTensorkiki180703
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    Penguin suit and penguin animal, in the same series?  Not buying it, but would be awesome!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    CM4S said:
    Toc13 said:
    CM4S said:
    Wait, are you telling me the Hot Dog guy isn't actually an anthropomorphic, mutated human-sausage hybrid creature?!?!
    CM4SBumblepantsToc13SumoLegokiki180703brumeyxiahnaandhecatwrangler
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 256
    It's too hot for a penguin to just be walking around!!!
    eggshenPitfall69The_Mad_VulcanricecakeSumoLegokiki180703chuckpBricklover18
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,166
    If the Secret Agent is anything like James Bond, you should have the ultimate "gentleman."
    not sure I would call him gentleman.
    mr.piggleskiki180703andhe
    CM4S said:
    Toc13 said:
    CM4S said:
    Wait, are you telling me the Hot Dog guy isn't actually an anthropomorphic, mutated human-sausage hybrid creature?!?!

I thought it was a man being eaten alive (ironically) by a giant hot dog. Like the plant in s14. 
    xiahna
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    ^ Maybe it's a Soylent green hot dog
    SumoLegokiki180703BumblepantsVorpalRyuGothamConstructionCoandheDexscotland
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,087
    CM4S said:
    Toc13 said:
    CM4S said:
    Did someone watch X-Files last night?
    xiahna
    Haha, that's awesome!
    ricecake
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @ricecake is that a Penguin Transformer in the bottom left?

P.S. Penguins are my favorite animal too. The classiest bird in the joint.
    ricecake
    ^I'm more excited by the playmobil lady with a penguin stood on her head.
    Best. Hat. Ever.
    SumoLegokiki180703ricecake
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,868
    Fauch said:
    If the Secret Agent is anything like James Bond, you should have the ultimate "gentleman."
    If you overlook the homicide and misogynistic attitude, then sure!
    mr.piggleskiki180703andhe
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    I am really curious about the babysitter, because it should contain another baby. What will it look like? The 'Indian Momma' from series 15 has one that is wrapped up. I kind of hope this one will just be a Lego kitten sized tiny figure wearing a diaper or something like that, lying on his/her back with its arms and legs sort of folded or upwards, and a hole in its back so you can attach it to a stud or have a regular minifig hold it in his/her arms.

Whenever I read or hear the word 'imp' the first thing that comes to my mind is Tyrion Lannister.

Banana suit guy should be fun.

Other than that I am hoping for more knights, historical and mythological themed minifigs, as well as sci-fi figs in future series, as I am usually most interested in those myself.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 730
    Would love a penguin suit guy, but I'd take a new mold penguin too. I already have a massive collection of them at home :-P
    ricecakexiahna
    @ricecake no penguins of Madagascar? 
    ricecakeDedgecko
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 494
    edited February 2016
    @ricecake  I was looking for Opus from Bloom County.  Nice penguin collection.
    ricecake
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 647
    SumoLego said:
    Fauch said:
    If you overlook the homicide and misogynistic attitude, then sure!
    I meant in terms of looks. He described the gentleman-ly minifigs as wearing a nice suit. Bond always has a really nice suit. 
    SumoLegobrumeyVorpalRyuxiahna