General Mixels Discussion Thread

The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
I didn't see a thread for Mixels, and greatly appreciate the General threads. The most recent discussion thread was about Series 6.

My daughter and I discovered Series 7 Mixels (scheduled release: February 2016) at the local Fred Meyer two nights ago, and she chose the Medivals as the first 3 that we would purchase. These are probably better as parts packs than characters on their own. I suspect that Camillot will be a very popular buy for parts collectors, as it had 4X black stud with hole in it and 2X metallic dark grey cone, among other great parts. 

One thing surprised me: the Nixel which came with Paladum has a weapon! When I got to the end of the Mixel build, I thought I had missed a piece and it turned out to belong to the Nixel. There's also apparently a Nixel with stars in his eyes (I assume that one comes with the MCPD family). 

Comments

• Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited January 2016

Should be a fun thread.The star struck nixel is from the mixies tribe. I thought it was weird that in the manual you can use the spear for paladum, too. Apparently he's the pet of Camillot, which I think is a first. Usually they're just equals. 
    The_Mad_Vulcanbrickeronesnowhitie
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    I have been assuming that the Nixel for the MCPD comes with Busto, since he is a prison cell who cal hold a Nixel. Is this right and which of the Mixies comes with the star struck one?

I'm fairly certain that we will own all of these in a rather short time, but I have noticed that the Nixel containing packs sell out faster than the others (tend to be the most popular). This is certainly true of the partial Series 6 and Series 5 boxes in the area around my house. 
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    edited January 2016
    Busto does indeed come with one and Jamzy the guitar looking guy gets the happy nixel. I haven't seen a happy one before lol guess they get hypnotized by music or something. 
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    I remember it being mentioned somewhere that from series 7 on Germany won't be getting Mixels, does anyone know if it is just Germany or all of Europe?
    xiahna
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    dunno, but I've never seen them in shops anyway.

so in the newest serie, there are media mixels. and there is a mixel called Gobbol. I actually don't think he is one of them, but wondered at first oO
    Seems the Mixels are getting a price rise in Australia, they were AU$5.99, series 7 Mixels are shown as AU$6.99.
    xiahna
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    VorpalRyu said:
    Seems the Mixels are getting a price rise in Australia, they were AU$5.99, series 7 Mixels are shown as AU$6.99.
    Boooo
    VorpalRyuxiahna
    Found  Series 8 today! I picked up the 3 MCFD guys.
    I saw series 9 already at Fred Meyers!
  • brickeronebrickerone San DiegoMember Posts: 4
    Nice pumpkin!! :D 
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    I recently bought my first Mixels.

I admit that when I came out of my dark ages (last year) I discarded Mixels without really paying close attention to them; they just looked "weird". That was until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed #41561 Tapsy... it reminded me of The Beatles (go figure), so I grabbed it. It was then that I noticed the "music" theme so I grabbed the other two.

Upon research here in Brickset I found the pirates and castle Mixels - bought them. Now I am looking forward for the ninjas in Series 9.

Like I was not spending enough on LEGO already... stupid Mixels :-)
    bandit778catwranglerpharmjodkiki180703herbyderbysnowhitie
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    edited June 2016
    Found about 10 series 2 in a local newsagents this week!  Considering whether to buy them or not.
    @caterham7 sure, if they are heavily discounted. They are phenomenal parts packs.
    pharmjod
    caterham7 said:
    Found about 10 series 2 in a local newsagents this week!  Considering whether to buy them or not.
    The Frosticons and Fang Gang look good. Don't care for the Flexes though.
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    Think the majority were Flexers, with a couple of Fang Gang and one Frosticon.  Guess they could have more out the back waiting to go out.  No price on hanging rail, I'm assuming £3 each.
    I have never seen mixels for sale anywhere. if ever I get a chance I may get the mimic, I think that could work with regular pirate sets.
    Fauch said:
    I have never seen mixels for sale anywhere. if ever I get a chance I may get the mimic, I think that could work with regular pirate sets.

Series 7 was 20% last week at the LEGO store; at least here in the USA.
    hum yeah, wanted to say, never seen shops sell them.
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 145

I got these for €1.99 each in Argos last week. I buy Mixels for parts - I'd love to make them but I worry that when I see their faces(?) I wouldn't have the heart to break them up....I have a bit of a problem anthropomorphising things
    bandit778catwranglerkiki180703GothamConstructionCosnowhitie
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    eanair said:

I'd love to make them but I worry that when I see their faces(?) I wouldn't have the heart to break them up....I have a bit of a problem anthropomorphising things
    But you have to break them up to make the combo versions. Or vice versa. Just do it late at night so that you can rebuild them the following morning. Come the following morning, you've just got a pile of pieces that aren't going to look pitifully at you,
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,306
    Not found any new ones locally yet, but hoping for joy tomorrow. 
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    I got some series 3 and 4 ones at the Lego store last year for $0.99 each. 
    Found the complete Series 4 (all 9 of them) at Target today... not on sale. They still ended up in here... at home... in my backlog... stupid Mixels!
    Jennikiki180703snowhitie
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 205
    The new ones are the first series I've wanted all nine of...there's a lot of love for Mixels in this house.
    Just got the whole series in WHSmith here in Felixstowe.. 
    Anybody know which Mixels get the Nixels? So far, I've only picked up the MCFD and there it was Splasho (the Fire Hydrant).
    The other two are with Skrubz and Skulzy.
    The_Mad_Vulcan
    Got Series 6 Weldos today at one of the local Target... honestly, I have a LEGO problem :(
    MattDawson
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    I can not figure out why every Mixel bag has a see through rectangle box in the corner with criss cross lines through it. 
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    @happyskunky
    I believe it's a cubit, which Mixels use to combine. 
    @happyskunky
    And yet, only one Model has actually come with a cubit!
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Dedgecko said:
    @happyskunky
    And yet, only one Model has actually come with a cubit!

Do you know which one? I'd like to see it
  • fleuryfleury Member Posts: 10
    It comes with Gurggle.

I'm not as impressed with Series 8, so far. I've still only bought the three MCFD characters, but 'll probably watch some videos to see if the others can catch my interest. My daughter convinced me to buy the Munchos from Series 6 and they're some of the best Mixels I've seen design wise (both individually and as a Maxel).

But Series 9 looks amazing. Especially the Nindjas. It looks like all of them have turntables to allow them to spin fight. 
    Aren't the MCFD series 7? I grabbed all of the medieval Mixels from that series, had some great parts, as for series 8, I'm aiming to get all the dental & pirate themed ones, again some cool parts. I want to know how many orange ingots that the ninjas have, likely to be grabbing a few of any that have them, great material for backdrops for the Space Miner CMFs.
    Dedgecko
    I love the new teeth pieces, and definitely looking forward to additional colors of those!
    MCPD was s7, MCFD is s8.
    @TheOriginalSimonB, my bad, it didn't register, even when I typed it out myself, MCFD, not MCPD... Of course firefighter Mixels, MCFD, ehhh... Can see now why some Fire Departments over in the States put the FD before the city, as in FDNY.
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 569
    Unless I have missed it, is there any news that the Mixels are continuing into 2017? 

The past 2 years we got images at comic con but not this year. Nor have I seen a set list for the next year. 
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    I hope they'll carry on - all I can find in the database is the series 8 and 9 ones for this year. I want all the series 8s, plus the Trashoz, and I could be persuaded on the Newzers, so it still feels to me like the theme is going strong...
    edited August 2016
    My daughter and I are eagerly awaiting the Nindjas. Most Mixels, we buy, build, and then part out. But those seem like a team that I wouldn't mind buying duplicates and expanding out on. 

I'd be quite surprised if Mixels did not carry through, they are very popular sellers - even though they seem to be unpopular on these boards. 

Last year, I didn't see anything about the 2016 Mixels until we had images of all 3 series for the year (each year seems to be developed as a whole, but released in 3 waves).
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    Mynatt said:
    Unless I have missed it, is there any news that the Mixels are continuing into 2017? 

The past 2 years we got images at comic con but not this year. Nor have I seen a set list for the next year. 
    The lack of Mixels at Comic-Con may just be because Cartoon Network wanted LEGO to focus on promoting the LEGO Ideas Adventure Time set at their booth instead. I guess time will tell.
    catwranglerMattDawson
    Unfortunately, since we last updated this thread it has been confirmed that Mixels are no more. Series 9 is the final series. So 81 total Mixels released, not bad for a run. 

I am hopeful that the series is replaced by a new $5 parts pack theme.

My daughter and I picked up the Nindja family yesterday. They're top notch. Now with my free money, I might have to track down the ones we don't have...
    MattDawson
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I only have the music Mixels, but I want to get two sets of the Nindjas.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 502
    I haven't managed to find series 9 in the UK yet other than direct from Lego. Does anyone know if these are being released anywhere else in the U.K. or have I missed out ?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    I was just wondering the same thing as I haven't seen them either. The last few series have been really slow to turn up here. 
    sonatine01
    @catwrangler same here but usually plenty of people on Brickset have seen them all over the place. Haven't heard anything yet so starting to worry :-(
    catwrangler
    Ditto. 
    sonatine01catwrangler
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,483
    They are released on 1st November. So even [email protected] are not delivering them yet.
    sonatine01catwrangler
    @Venunder ah well that makes sense, panic over, thanks :-)