Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toy Fairs 2016

Comments

• chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,867
    dose the little truck come with it??

yes.
    then that set just got better.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,511
    Oops, I forgot to credit Promobricks on Facebook for that photo.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    OMG that Porsche 911 just made me jump for joy. Ecstatic to see what color it will end up being.

The Spider bridge is not as big as I imagined it would be from the descriptions.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    Is it just me, or the new LEGO RV would be perfect for a Breaking Bad MOC ...

RonyarchrisalddinbrumeyThanos75wardmSumoLegokiki180703Goldchainsevantyler
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Am I missing something regarding the bridge? I can't see it in any of the links/picture sets...
    https://twitter.com/zusammengebaut
    its on here!

Kept looking at that but after all the excitement figured it couldn't be that. Bit disappointed really, Porsche more than makes up for it though.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823
    Aleydita said:
    They probably didn't like the universal negativity towards the volcano sets. It's a choice you have to make I suppose, stay impartial and retain editorial freedom, or allow Lego to make certain demands in exchange for LUG status and other benefits. I don't envy you one bit. Would you have even been at the Toy Fair if not for the relationship with Lego? No idea how that works, but if you are there thanks to Lego, and they don't allow you to report on what you see, what's the point?
    I have a hard time believing that the new police sets, with the silly nautical theme, is not the most disappointing of the theme/subthemes right now.

EDIT: just saw the Volcano theme.. never mind. Would probably be OK if not for the weird lime green choice for the colors.
    What's wrong with lime green, honestly? I think it seems like a reasonable choice, especially since it contrasts nicely with the scenery and isn't a color scheme that's already been claimed by another recent City sub-theme. Seems to me like when researching volcanoes a high visibility color would make sense, just like it would in, say, a mine or arctic or underwater setting.

In general I think the sets look good, although it surprises me that the volcano is as narrow as it is. I would've expected something that was either a bit flatter or a bit wider at the base. It does make great use of those new mountain bricks, though, and seems to have a cool function.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,955
    I am late to this. Kudos to the three that did all the hard working of reporting from the London fair. I find it in utterly poor taste for Lego to have requested those articles down. Were they specific as to what the actual issue was when other sites have info up as well out of the London fair??  This seems insane when photos are coming out of another fair today. 

The London articles are great because it means I can prioritize the purchases I want now and other new ones later. Without such reports, I would just avoid buying anything now and only buy later in the year when I could see what was out. 
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    They cover high end concept/test vehicles in similar vinyls to the picture above. Any unwanted photos fail to show the cars true shape. Bit pointless on a car with so many panels but a great marketing idea IMO.
    Yes, it was just a bit of fun and it's very cool in the flesh.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    Is it just me, or the new LEGO RV would be perfect for a Breaking Bad MOC ...

me too
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    I kind of like the camouflage but realize it won't be produced with it present.  

https://www.facebook.com/Promobricks
    he seems to like Technic items.

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,005
    Would have been nice if the smaller volcano sets came with additional bricks to increase the size of the volcano so that if you brought the whole wave at least you would have had a decent sized volcano to mess about in.
    hkcrazy88
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 542
    I really like the lime green on the Volcano sets. It looks like the volcano is going to be about 23 cm high and 17.6 cm wide. I will definitely have to get some matching bricks to make it wider, but that won't be the first time I've had to fix something in a purchased set.

Dying to see the Ninjago and Nexo Knights sets. 
    eggshen said:
    Dying to see the Ninjago and Nexo Knights sets. 
    Why is it taking so long for Nexo Knights?
    update on
    https://twitter.com/zusammengebaut
    look's like there working on it.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,343
    that camper vehicle looks quite awesome, especially for a creator set.
    I'm not crazy about the bridge, and I'm not sure it's as big as was reported, I would guess about 40 cm long, and more like 25-30 cm high, without the flag on top.
    Fauch said:
    that camper vehicle looks quite awesome, especially for a creator set.
    I'm not crazy about the bridge, and I'm not sure it's as big as was reported, I would guess about 40 cm long, and more like 25-30 cm high, without the flag on top.
    are you willing to bet on the number of people that buy 2 or more to make a full Bridge?
    maybe someone should make a MOC guide on how to turn it in to a full Bridge ??
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    come on light house images
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,480
    Ronyar said:
    ^ I thought someone had posted that the stickers wouldn't be on the final set?  Is that just a "placeholder" picture on the box then, or are the early reports wrong?

I suspect there'll either be a load of stickers, or a load of printed pieces. Why have a photos of a 'camoflaged' car to disguise what it is, then put the word 'PORSCHE' in front of it?
    Was going to say the same thing. I know that in the US they tend to cover new models with tape and plastic and such, wonder if LEGO is doing that here?

CCC said:
    I cannot see the point of the excavator. It's huge. It's impressive. But what is it going to excavate?  Bulldozers can push around bricks. Cranes can lift Lego. Do they expect people to have a large pile for this to excavate? Or use it on gravel or soil or clay and ruin it?
    i think this time its a table top display item that works.
    that may be how Lego view all there working Technic sets!

Use it with a large bowl of M&Ms or other candies?
    Jennicatwrangler
     ^ I can see it now,  the new warning on lego boxes about choking on small parts and any small sweets shovelled up by the excavator. 
    madforLEGO
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 487
    I haven't bought a technic set since I was a kid (given, actually) but that Porsche will be mine!

Does anyone know if the taxi included in the spiderman set can sit a minifig? Would go nicely with the zombie from the GB Firehouse.
    ^I kinda like this B&W swirly livery on the 911. I think it gives it a very unique visual feel that is completely different than anything that came before. If this is the final version, i would be very happy with it. But knowing that there may be an alternate paint scheme, has me excited for the possibilities though not sure if it would be better than this B&W camo style.
    tallblocktoo
    I haven't bought a technic set since I was a kid (given, actually) but that Porsche will be mine!

Does anyone know if the taxi included in the spiderman set can sit a minifig? Would go nicely with the zombie from the GB Firehouse.

it should but it only looks to be 4 studs wide.
    you need a 6 studs wide to not look out of place next to the GBHQ.
    i think you have to custom build one.
    bluedragon
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    The RV looks pretty damn cool. Creator 3in1 has been kicking butt and taking names this year.  Can't wait for the Lighthouse and Tree House reveals.
    madforLEGO
  • bacon1986bacon1986 Member Posts: 3
    I sent a quick e-mail to Lego saying how it would be cool if the camouflage stickers were included with the final 42056, and got this reply:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's great to hear you're interested in the new LEGO® Technic 42056 which should arrive here by early summer.

As it still remains fairly secretive, I can tell you that there are stickers included in the set. However, I can't tell you what the stickers are!

You'll just have to be patient.......

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823
    Aanchir said:
    MattsWhat said:
    Aanchir said:
    MattsWhat said:
    The colour doesn't offend me so much as the fact the highest bit is what, 3 bricks?!
    Ummm... it's definitely, like, at least ten bricks tall. It's got two rising tracks and two falling tracks.
    One riser can't get you 5 bricks up can it?  Maybe it's more than 3, I was just making the point that it's little more than a glorified train track. (If you can call being blue glorified).  A roller coaster has tighter bends and steeper drops, yeah it would have needed new pieces (and I guess that is what I was hoping for) but calling it a roller coaster seems wrong when clearly it is no more than an amuesment park train track.
    Yes, one riser raises the track by exactly five bricks. I agree that tighter bends would've improved the set and left less empty space to fill in the middle. I don't mind the drops not being steeper, in part because I've always been more of a fan of tamer roller coasters to be honest... but that long, leisurely curve at the top does bother me. The center radius of these tracks is a whole 24 studs. A 12 or 18 stud radius might've been more appropriate. The ferris wheel does an OK job filling that big empty center but it doesn't make the actual path of the coaster around those curves any more exciting.
    brumey said:
    the rollercoaster tracks look like duplo
    I don't see how they're any more Duplo-ish than regular LEGO train tracks, besides that regular LEGO train tracks have never included inclines.
    @MattsWhat, looking at the pic again in more detail, I'm surprised to see that you might have been right about the track rises being shallower than I'd thought. Looks like it's raised six bricks up at the tallest point. This puzzles me if it's true because it would mean that the designers DID introduce a new track piece, but instead of choosing to make a tighter curve than the tracks from the Temple of Doom set and others like it, they chose to make a shallower slope (with each piece raising the track three bricks instead of five). REALLY puzzling. -_-
    MattsWhatkiki180703
    edited January 2016
    I suspect this video may change a few minds about whether to get this or not. I'm not really a Technic person, and even I'm trying to resist...

Ronyar
    I suspect this video may change a few minds about whether to get this or not. I'm not really a Technic person, and even I'm trying to resist...

i would love to know what going on with all the distortion in that Video.
    the model on the other hand.
    i am not a Technic model collector, (i have some mid sized set's i got for 50% off back in 1998. but this model is making it hard for me.
    it is a Monster!
    i could not start to wonder what other model you could Build with that.
    if there is a set that could be used to Boost a part count for Technic that is it.

However. i have almost NO ware to display it.
    the Build table would be ware i would display it.
    or i have to Make a new place to display it.
    dont know how i go about doing that.
    still. i got the feeling that if i dont get this i will look back at it and thing Why Oh Why did i not get that.!

catwrangler
    Hmm that distortion is odd. Watching it on youtube is fine, but not on here.
    I'm not a technic person, and I also think it looks huge and not very pretty. though the real life thing isn't really meant to look beautiful at all.
  • SamJSamJ West Yorkshire, UK Member Posts: 118
    Although it does look cool I imagine the price will be ridiculous considering it has nearly 4,000 pieces! Definitely getting the Porsche though. 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 577
    Not sure if it is just me but seems as if the video camera has had a bit too much to drink. 

Mynatt said:
    Not sure if it is just me but seems as if the video camera has had a bit too much to drink. 

not just you.
    i think someone had this in a posh edit program to do zooms and so on. only them did a half ass job
    With all the standard piece ladders and small cab looks like it could seat a minifig.
    Ideal set for the new Lego quarry sets coming next year.(all those city folk have got to get their bricks from somewhere). ;)
    lol, the volcano built for the display looks better than the one in the set
    eggshenthedingman5
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,149

I still don't see the point. There are many GBC machines that can move parts from here to there using (i) far fewer parts and (ii) existing parts, without needing to introduce huge specific use parts that probably won't get used again. Surely they should show it off actually excavating something, given it is an excavator.
    Mynatt said:

If you watch it on youtube, it's fine, no distortions. Quite odd.
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 542
    Fauch said:
    lol, the volcano built for the display looks better than the one in the set
    My thoughts exactly. I'm going to build one like the display for these sets.
    Mynatt said:

If you watch it on youtube, it's fine, no distortions. Quite odd.
    umm no i watched it on youtube and it look the same to me.
    look's like http://zusammengebaut.com
    is alive again.

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    While Technic fans may feel different, and that's okay--we all like different things--that thing is one of the least appealing sets I've seen in quite some time. The Porsche will be the first Technic set I've bought in over 25 years. That big piece of equipment will be the biggest LEGO set I've ever completely ignored.
    While Technic fans may feel different, and that's okay--we all like different things--that thing is one of the least appealing sets I've seen in quite some time. The Porsche will be the first Technic set I've bought in over 25 years. That big piece of equipment will be the biggest LEGO set I've ever completely ignored.
    it dose however look like what it meant to look like (and that is buttugly)
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Yeah, it's definitely a cool functional piece, but dang it's ugly. The Porsche, however, is fantastic in every single way. I'm a Technic fan, but generally just because I like building motorized cars.
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    @MattsWhat, looking at the pic again in more detail, I'm surprised to see that you might have been right about the track rises being shallower than I'd thought. Looks like it's raised six bricks up at the tallest point. This puzzles me if it's true because it would mean that the designers DID introduce a new track piece, but instead of choosing to make a tighter curve than the tracks from the Temple of Doom set and others like it, they chose to make a shallower slope (with each piece raising the track three bricks instead of five). REALLY puzzling. -_-

It doesn't look 10, which is why I said it originally. I guessed two bricks per rise but it's hard to tell. I don't do trains so wasn't aware there was a set rise already. It would be classic to introduce a shallower rise for roller coaster set. It is friends though!
    looks like 6. 2x1x5 bricks + 3 plates
  • TurezTurez GermanyMember Posts: 6
    more photos from Promobricks:
    https://www.facebook.com/Promobricks/
    BuriedinBricksitsnotmekiki180703
    edited January 2016
    ^Gas Station pic! And no, it doesn't come with a baseplate boo! But it does come with a first appearance of... a wheelchair!
    catwrangler
    we getting a baby with arms in the park set amazing
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,480
    ^Gas Station pic! And no, it doesn't come with a baseplate boo! But it does come with a first appearance of... a wheelchair!
    ...on facebook and need to have an account to see it, Boo!
    With it missing a base plate, I'm glad I did not sell my sealed box #7993 though. IMO Really sad to see LEGO apparently ditch base plates in every set except the mods .
    plan on building the gas station on baseplate with a back