Toy Fairs 2016

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
So, the first Toy Fair of the year starts tomorrow! Anyone else excited?

I believe these are the dates -

London - Jan 24 - 26

Nuremberg - Jan 27 - Feb 1

New York - Feb 13 - Feb 16

Im assuming Brickset will have some coverage posted tomorrow, and I can't wait to see it, I'm so excited!

Comments

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 523
    It's not worth getting that hyped up yet. The London fair never allows photos, so we'll just get a lot of hasty notes and descriptions. I think the Nuremberg one might be the same way, although I swore I saw pictures from a toy fair before the New York one, suggesting Nuremberg is really the fair to get excited for coverage!
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Nuremberg allows plenty of photos. 
    CM4S
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Is the Brickset team gonna do coverage of the London one?
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    im hoping to see some new licenens themes
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,332
    Hope they have more planned for Doctor Who....it kind of felt like they did. London would be a great place to introduce that.
    i want to see a wizard of oz set
    dannyrwwLee
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,332
    dragon114 said:
    i want to see a wizard of oz set
    YES!!! That would be great. I was so disappointed that they only did the witch for Dimensions. Love all the designs they have in there.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    I like that they don't do pictures at the first one. Gives more time to savor the suspense.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited January 2016
    just2good said:
    We are :-) 
    Huw, CapnRex and myself are going today!
    BumblepantsAdzbadboyHangedSanchezbandit778rdflegoTXLegoguyGalactushkcrazy88khmellymel
    just2good said:
    We are :-) 
    Huw, CapnRex and myself are going today!
    Try to let us down easy when the gas station ends up retailing for $30!
    LostInTranslationtamamahm
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    Can't wait to see what LEGO has instore for us during the second half of 2016! Those upcoming sets will determine if I pick up '75827 - Firehouse HQ' or not.

Fingers crossed for more Doctor Who, Simpsons and Super Heroes sets based on upcoming movies. I really hope we get the return of the LEGO Harry Potter theme with the release of Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them in November. Much like LofR and the Hobbit.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Exciting times! Even if we only get descriptions from London, it helps build anticipation for when photos start appearing from Nuremberg.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    edited January 2016
    My Picks:
    -????? - Doctor Strange - £34.99
    -75148 - Encounter on Jakku - £49.99
    -75149 - Resistance X-Wing Fighter - £79.99
    -31051 - Cape Lighthouse - £39.99
    -31052 - Vacation Getaways - £49.99
    -41130 - Amusement Park Roller Coaster - £89.99

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-2016-lego-news/
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Lots of interesting things, but no USC Star Wars Hoth news? This is what I am waiting for. Also too bad it's a Friends rollercoaster, and not a Creator-themed one. I am curious to see the Volcano theme, and the Airport Terminal.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    Without even seeing it I'm just gonna assume the roller coaster is not what we were hoping for. Maybe it will be a decent base so that 2 or 3 sets together will make a good coaster. At the price listed, 3 would be about the price needed for a proper one (~$400).
    Bumblepants
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,174
    Ucs sets aren't typically promoted at the toy fair since it would a Lego exclusive.

I'm looking forward to the spiderman characters: hobgoblin, vulture, scorpion, spider girl, scarlet spider. All the spiderman variants should rival batman and iron man some day. Ghost rider is also nice.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 558
    lots of great new characters for both marvel and dc! too bad there's not too much news about the figures coming with the star wars sets.. 
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Ghost Rider and that Doc Strange set are two I'll be after 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    I look forward to your thoughts!
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Tease! :) 
    Ha! I suppose so :-) 

I will say that my main focuses were on Friends, Disney Princess and Elves, though there were also Creator, Superheroes and City sets that interested me. 
    Toc13Ronyarhkcrazy88
    Wow - £250 for the big technic supercar? Superb, I hope it's worth it and not just licence costs. 

pharmjodjeremy1973
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    only 4 figs in the volcano castle? can't say nexo knights sets are generous with minifigs.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    Fauch said:
    only 4 figs in the volcano castle? can't say nexo knights sets are generous with minifigs.

Jestro, Burnzie, Lavaria, Axl, Lance, and I think a few more actual figures are included.
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    Wow - £250 for the big technic supercar? Superb, I hope it's worth it and not just licence costs. 

Promobricks on other forum says, that real price for supercar is 179£ and for bucket wheel excavator is 249£.Brickfanaticks probably made mistake.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,048
    Ha! I suppose so :-) 

I will say that my main focuses were on Friends, Disney Princess and Elves, though there were also Creator, Superheroes and City sets that interested me. 

Looks like I'll have to read your post later then as those are the three main themes for me this year
    Ondra said:

Promobricks on other forum says, that real price for supercar is 179£ and for bucket wheel excavator is 249£.Brickfanaticks probably made mistake.
    Ah thanks. That might make sense. Although BWE will be a great model, I would have preferred them to go all out on a supercar. Not sure how much play value there will be with the BWE.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    They would've had me at "largest ever Technic set", but I'm also super-excited for the volcano sets and the OTHER volcano set in the Nexo Knights theme (volcanoes for everyone!!), and the Creator stuff sounds nice - I like how they're focusing on including brick-built animals in sets like the lighthouse. It's sounding like a must-buy for me, which is great news considering that I didn't buy the last one at a sensible price when I had the chance. 
    Huw has confirmed BWE at £180 and Supercar at £250. 

Get in! I can't wait! [Even though I haven't even started my Arocs ;)]
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    31052 Vacation Getaway sound like a have to have for me.
    and if it a good as it sound i will be getting more then just the 1 copy.

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator. sounds good. may get it.
    42056 'confidential super car. also may get it.

still there are more info to come. so dont know if any new star wars set's to add on.
    looking forward to getting image for this stuff.

hmmmmm.
    looks like 75150 Darth Vader’s TIE Advanced and A-wing Fighter
    is going to be added to my list.
    non of the other jump out at me at this time.
    i want to know if the light house is mifig scale
    catwrangler
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    Huw has confirmed BWE at £180 and Supercar at £250. 

Get in! I can't wait! [Even though I haven't even started my Arocs ;)]
    That is what the labels said but given the BWE was massive and 3000+ pieces and the car relatively small it would not surprise me if they were juxtaposed. 
    @Toc13 - my report on Disney Princess,  Elves and Friends is now up on the home page; along with Huw's report on City,  Creator and Technic and Chris's report on Star Wars.  My notes on the City "Fun in the Park" minifigure pack have also been added to Huw's report. 
    thedingman5Toc13catwranglerAdzbadboykiki180703
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2016
    @Toc13 - my report on Disney Princess,  Elves and Friends is now up on the home page; along with Huw's report on City,  Creator and Technic and Chris's report on Star Wars.  My notes on the City "Fun in the Park" minifigure pack have also been added to Huw's report. 
    Just read it...& added another few sets to the wishlist.

i am not a Friends fan. but the Amusement Park sub theme may be calling to me.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    would the hot dog stand be the most popular set ever if it had minifigs?
    what would i do with the mini-doles?
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Sell them? Donate them? Recycle them? 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    The mini-doll hair will fit on a minifigure, so you only have three parts per figure that you can't use.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    Fauch said:
    would the hot dog stand be the most popular set ever if it had minifigs?

Depending on picture I want one for my minifigure city.
    im now ready to see pic. i mostly want to see the lighthouse
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    Fauch said:
     Where's the report on Nexo Knights? The one with the Clay pic had bionicle and city, technic. 

@LostInTranslation A minidoll for beast? Bleh.  He should get a bigfig treatment. I understand it's in the princess line so I guess that'll never happen. Wishful thinking; Lego making Beast's cursed castle littered with gargoyles.

Segue to Gargoyles: The Heroes Awaken. Hah.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768
    ^Also, isn't fifi the feather duster Lumiere's involved with? Lol it sounds like a great set since the furnitures are brought to Lego life.
    Pun intended.
    so... was the gas station not there or was it just too terrible to speak of?
    The gas station wasn't there at all - probably retailer exclusive. 

I didn't see any gargoyles on Beast's castle.  There was one of the large lion-face bricks in the central facade above the gateway.  
    ^Ok thanks. Retailer exclusives tend to be $40-50 in range so could be interesting.
    A big fig would be too big in comparison to Belle in my opinion getting . Beast actually has quite slim legs but a large torso from my recollection of the movie, so a large moulded head is probably the best solution - as long as it fits on a minifig head too! Impossible to say whether it will go over the minidoll head or be attached directly to the torso neck, as the fig was not actually there to see. 
    catwrangler
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    IIRC the beast starts out huge then shrinks to near human size half way through the film :)