Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10144 Sandcrawler - C-3PO colour?

LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,015
edited December 2011 in Collecting
I recently bought a second-hand Sandcrawler set off eBay. The supplied C-3PO figure is the pearl-gold version and not the light pearl-gold version shown on the box. I've done a bit of research and many used Sandcrawler sets available on eBay seem to contain this pearl-gold version.

In short:
Which is the correct C-3PO version for 10144 Sandcrawler? Pearl-gold or light pearl-gold?

Many thanks!!!

Comments

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,015
    Thanks for that, andhe.

Looks like I've got the wrong C-3PO, then. Should be able to get hold of the light pearl-gold one easily enough.
  • jgadgetjgadget Member Posts: 183
    I bought a sealed Sandcrawler set soon after they were discontinued, so it was probably late in the run.
    It contained a pearl-gold C-3PO with light pearl-gold hands.
    If you check at the bottom of the bricklink link above, you'll notice that a few variants appeared in this set.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,015
    Thanks for the info, jgadget.

It seems then that the set has been supplied with a variety versions.
    I think I'll still probably get hold of the light pearl-gold version just so that the set matches the pictures on the box.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    Mine was bought from Lego when it was available for sale. I have the Light Pearl Gold version
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^^ on the bricklink page, it lists 3 different known '3PO versions in that set -
    > sw010 - C3PO - Pearl Light Gold
    > sw161a - C3PO - Pearl Gold with Pearl Gold Hands
    > sw161 - C3PO - C-3PO - Pearl Gold with Pearl Light Gold Hands
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,542
    ^--- it makes sense to have different versions, the set was on clearance for a while, sold out, came back and then on clearance again if memory serves me correctly....