WTTF: 76039 Ant Man Final Battle

teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
Hi all, 

Looks like this one slipped out from under me. I've checked all of my local retail stores and no dice. Does anyone have a sealed one of these they would like to trade? I have several polybags and an assortment of other small sets, check my other threads or let me know what you might want in return. Thanks!

-Anthony 

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    Anyone?  I'd hate to try and find one on eBay.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    Still need one? I just found one at a TRU.
    Jennikiki180703SumoLegoCHAINSAW
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I did find one of these on the dreaded eBay for RRP, with free postage.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    Didn't realize that set had such a short run. Glad I grabbed the first version instead of holding off and hoping to find the corrected one.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    Not sure if anyone is still after this but if you are in the Bluewater area the Waterstones on the Upper level had about 9 of these in stock. Unfortunately all at RRP  but thought someone might want to know. 
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Finding them at RRP is not what I'd consider unfortunate.
    exciter1Amanda1983
    True. But I know bricksetters usually only use RRP if it has the words less than in front of it. ;)
    Amanda1983
    Not when the current market value of a set has "2x" in front of "RRP" :)
    bandit778kiki180703Amanda1983
    Ah, well you do have me there. I didn't realise that it had gone up so quickly, I just remembered reading that some members of the forum were still trying to get a copy of the set.
    Yes, it was a sleeper for sure.  I think it retired before most everyone knew Ant Man would be in Civil War.
    Amanda1983
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278
    edited March 2016
    Over here we still have it in stores for RRP. But what with the German RRP being about 40 percent above the RRP in the US, I wouldn't consider it great value for money. I had one in my hands just yesterday after reading this thread, but 25 Euros for so few pieces seems quite steep. No wonder the shelf was still stacked up with them whereas other sets of that line were almost sold out.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    Actually, mods please close this thread.  @teal93mr2 was able to get a copy of the set.

@drdavewatford; @CapnRex101 ;
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    ^you want something closed around here you have to call @kiki180703 ;
    BACbrixSumoLegokiki180703
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    edited March 2016
    Hey! I'm here! @drdavewatford , @CapnRex101 , @BACbrix , @SumoLego , @MattsWhat , @scoiltreasa , please close ;) The list is getting long!       :)
    Coolguy5000BACbrixSumoLegoBumblepants
    Never understood the desire to have mods close down threads.  They eventually just fall off the list, unless they stay alive in an entertaining way...like this one has.
    MasterBeefyBumblepantskiki180703Amanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    When it come to the Marketplace threads, it is a good indictator that the items in the thread aren't available, or that the person isn't looking for the item - if the thread is closed.

There have been a few times when I search old listings for a particular set, that they end up sold or traded, but the thread still appears to be alive.
    MasterBeefykiki180703Amanda1983
    @SumoLego ;
    My bad, I resurrected the thread as I knew I had read that it was wanted by someone.
    As a rule I don't like starting new discussions as most things have been talked about at one point or another, so I added a comment on one of the newest threads in my search that didn't refer to the new #76051.
    Didn't really think about it being in the marketplace and that it may be a dead thread.
    SumoLegokiki180703Amanda1983
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Is this Schrödinger's thread where we have to find out if the thread is alive or dead?
    Wicksy80kiki180703LobotSumoLegoAmanda1983
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 942

If anyone is still after one, TRU seem to have quite a lot of stock locally so if you add to an order which totals above £40 you'll get two £10 gift vouchers back... so, theoretically, they're almost free.  And, yes, that's how I've justified far too many purchases in the last couple of years :-)

Amanda1983
    That voucher deal seems...incredible?
    Amanda1983
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    In before the lock! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy