Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Pick A Brick Boxes (PAB)

124»

Comments

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 818
    @coolpix
    I believe my friend and I spent an hour each filling up our cups. It was more of a challenge to not tip over the bricks you put in the cup than anything else. Fun with a friend but I wouldn't dare do this with a non AFOL as they would lose patience immediately.
  • wRuBwRuB Member Posts: 86
    I went to White City Westfield (UK) to fill my PaB box and one of the staff (Louis) there was great! I asked him how best to fill the box, and he even helped me to stack the bricks up in the box!

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,648
    ^ I love tiles too! Though they rarely seem to have them in PaB here. I did stock up on yellow 2x2s though in case I ever get round to doing a Wizard of Oz MOC :)
    you are probably better off geting tiles from a PaB wall considering how much LEGO chargesd per piece online and how much people try to change for large quantities on BL.

At the Lego store by me they have 2 x 2 yellow and 2x2 tan tiles
    I think 1 x 4 Brown tiles as well.
    Along with that 1x2 limegreen tiles.

At first I thought those are bad, but I'm guessing if you are putting a design into a floor of a home it may not be bad to help decorate the floor.

As for filling up with brick into a cup I tried to lay the brick on their side instead of stacking them, it seemed to work out OK, especially if you are getting smaller 1x2 type peices (like the 1x2 Trans clear plates.

• wi_legowi_lego Member Posts: 2
    I have 3 of the PAB boxes that expire on 03/31/12. I would love to fill them, but the nearest Lego Store is a 5+ hour round-trip. I will give them away (I'll even pay to ship them to you) because I cannot stand the thought of them going to waste. One person will get all three boxes. If you are interested, send me a message with your location. Here are the requirements:
    1. You have to be in the upper Midwest in USA (WI, IL, MN, IA, MI, IN) because I want to be sure you to receive them by Saturday.
    2. You post here the haul that you get (so I can be jealous).
    3. I will not accept $ for the boxes.
    4. You not resell the pieces you get (I obviously can't enforce this, but please don't be greedy and look at this as a payday.).
    5. It would really be cool (but not necessary) if you filled one of the three boxes and then gave it away to some kid in the store (some kid who's looking longingly at everything not some kid who's dad is buying every set he points to). Again, I can't enforce this, but it would be nice of you.

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    If this had been last week I wouldve given all 3 away to kids in stores for you since I made the 7 hour round trip to fill some boxes =)
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 519
    @wi_lego - I'm in OR so not sure if that's close enough but I would be happy to abide all of your requirements.

My store is pretty flexible too so I'm sure they would let me fill them after the deadline - especially if it's to give it away to a child in their store.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    @wi_lego: that's so kind of you. I'm a bit far off to take you up on your offer (UK :) but I hope your PaB boxes go to a good home (such as offered by @littletoki - look, she even takes in hedgehogs!)
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    @wi_lego - If there's nobody from the states you've listed, wanna give VA a shot? PM sent.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited March 2012
    @wi_lego: if you haven't found a home for them yet, you should probably duplicate your post in the "Marketplace" category with a topic that mentions 3 free PAB boxes to a Midwesterner.
  • wi_legowi_lego Member Posts: 2
    @rocao - Thanks for the suggestion, I have posted in the Marketplace.

To those who have PMd me, I'm really hoping for someone close who I can be sure will get these in the mail on Fri or Sat if I send tomorrow.

• thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    I have two of them as of now and have no interest in using them...

Whats a fair price to set on ebay?
  • LegoDad42LegoDad42 EarthMember Posts: 85
    ^I'd guess the price of a small PAB Cup ($7.99 each)?
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550
    It's pretty simple really.

Price + Shipping < Cost of buying one at a Lego Store.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    I bought some last year @ $6.00 shipped. Box is a little smaller this year. I like using them for somethings since they are square.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,302
    I grabbed 4-5 last year off eBay for $5 each plus shipping if I remember correctly. Will be looking to grab some more this year too :)
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013
    I am curious about people experience with buying say 150-225$ amount of product from their local Lego shop when it comes to getting the PAB Box reward,

I know other exclusive rewards they are often one per order only but I would image it being much less stringent with PAB boxes, can anyone comment on this or if this year has differed from past ones in this regard?
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 527
    Depends on your store, I think. I've been able to get one fore each $75 I spent. It helps if the store isn't crowded; say something at the counter if they don't add them automatically.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Exactly. I've had differing experiences at the same store. It depends on employee, their mood, your mood, etc. :P
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    a couple years back, one per $75 was the norm at my store. the last couple years it's been strictly one per order, which was apparently a directive from on high.

As always of course, it all depends on the store and employee at the time
    madforLEGO
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    I have to ask for extra boxes, but the staff always obliges.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    We spent $90 yesterday (Watertower Place store) and got just the one box.
    @timinchicago - it 1 per $75.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,648
    dougts said:

a couple years back, one per $75 was the norm at my store. the last couple years it's been strictly one per order, which was apparently a directive from on high.

As always of course, it all depends on the store and employee at the time

Yeah, the 'good ol' days' netted you one for every 75 spent. I think at the time when it was a strict limit set they said something about having to scan them in and that if they were short boxes to transactions they get pinged for it, but not sure.
    I know Ill try to get an extra one or two when I hit up my fav LEGO store this week, but not holding my breath for more than one.
    edited December 2013
    @madforLEGO - This year, they haven't been scanning them at my store...

I'm sure they'll scan them at redemption and use the hole punch in the handle again.