Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Marshalls

2»

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,755
    Decided to pop in Marshalls as I was getting groceries next door. They had an absurd amount of Powerpuff Girls and Unikitty sets all at prices that were as undesirable as the contents.
    I stopped at another TJMaxx and a Marshall’s after my find, and they were not nearly as discounted, so locations differ. My guess is the ones you saw will get deeper discounts eventually.
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 8
    I stopped at another TJMaxx and a Marshall’s after my find, and they were not nearly as discounted, so locations differ. My guess is the ones you saw will get deeper discounts eventually.
    Marshall's and TJ Maxx base prices on how long a product has been on the shelf. I stopped at a local TJ Maxx and found 3 Valentine's Brickheadz. One was marked $3 and the other two $6.99. Brought all 3 to the counter thinking they would all be $3 and of course they weren't. Manager came and told me they base price on shelf life. So she said check back next week and the other 2 will be marked down if unsold. 
    AstrobricksPyrobug
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 259
    got a couple of sets at TJ Max. #40270 for $3. Powerpuff Girls and Unikitty stuff was all 50% off. Not much else there.
    AstrobricksPyrobug
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 779
    Marshall's had some deals. Most Unikitty and Powerpuff Girl sets were 67%-80% off. I got:
    #41451 Unikitty Cloud Car $2
    #40270 Brickheadz Bee $2
    #70834 Metalbeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike! $22

And the most surprising find... #70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair for $52!
    BumblepantsPyrobug
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 693
    ^Most of the exact same things at a local TJ Maxx but prices were different:
    #41451 UniKitty Cloud Car  $3
    #40270 Brickheadz Bee $3
    #41452 UniKitty Prince Puppycorn Trike  $7
    #41453 UniKitty Party Time. $10
    #41287 PowderPuff Girls Bubbles Playground Showdown $15
    #70804 MetalBeard's Heavy Metal Motor Trike  $22
    #70809 Lord Business' Evil Lair  $40

only walked out with the Brickheadz

AstrobricksBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,562
    Decided to pop in Marshalls as I was getting groceries next door. They had an absurd amount of Powerpuff Girls and Unikitty sets all at prices that were as undesirable as the contents.
    I had the same experience on January 19th.  TONS of Unikitty and PowerPuff.  And a few TLM sets.  (The TLM set with the 'Where's My Pants?' set was a throwback, that's for sure!)
    Bumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,755
    SumoLego said:
    I had the same experience on January 19th.  TONS of Unikitty and PowerPuff.  And a few TLM sets.  (The TLM set with the 'Where's My Pants?' set was a throwback, that's for sure!)
    I guess that makes sense. Isn’t the majority of their inventory basically overstocks?
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 259
    I guess I need to go back to my local tj maxx and look for a lord business lair!
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,961
    #40270 #41287 #41288 still only half off.
    At 70% the Unikitty sets seem like a good deal for parts
    @Bumblepants don't need the parts? Not as marked off for you? Most of these I wouldn't want them as a set even for a gift

Got more #41451, and some #41453
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,154
    ^they weren't even half off for me. Too many printed cartoon faces etc for me to want them for parts.
    Astrobricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,961
    Yes might be too specialized for an AFOLs personal stash but I have a BL store.
    No further markdowns but did find another 41453 for $7